my friend in church

This is a discussion on my friend in church within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in church and obviously I was packing as it is legal here. My friend walked by and we did they whole hey how ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my friend in church

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

my friend in church

I was in church and obviously I was packing as it is legal here. My friend walked by and we did they whole hey how are you, good to see u routine. Well, as he genuflected, his LCP fell out of his ankle holster and skittered across the floor. And then he accedentally kicked it as he tried to get up and grab it. Well, it stopped by my boot. I just happened to drop my NRA ball cap on it, and picked the cap up with his pistol in my hand. He walked over to me, and i asked him to walk back into a back area to hand him his pistol back. He went with me, and I cleared it then handed it to him with his ammo. He then checked his ankle holster and found that it had torn on the seam. I asked him what brand it was and he said it was a cheap one he found at a gun show and he thought it would work. I loaned him the case to my cell phone to carry his gun in untill he could get another holster. fit like a dream, the holsters to blackberrys fit LCP's perfectly. He said he might just buy me a new cell phone pouch and keep that one. How did I handle this situation?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

I would have given him a rant about buying a quality holster, and turned his gun into the police as he is obviously unfit to carry one. JK JK JK
    Sounds good to me, you didn't make a scene or try to embarass him, and next time he will look for a better holster. Good bit of info on the blackberry holster, what model phone was it?

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    i have a storm, its a little tight, but it works best if you have one that flaps completley over the case and holds by snap it will hold an LCP
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I have a storm also. Good info for when I get my LCP, thanks.

Wow, how embarrassing. and well handled. Don't go cheap on holsters folks!
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    I'd say you handled the situation just fine. However a gun skidding across the floor in church could be fodder for anti's to start yelling no guns in church or wherever. Keeping our weapons out of sight, safe, and secure go a LONG way in keeping our 2A stuff in place. Hopefully this incident didn't have ripple affects that spread through the community.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

You did fine... I think your friend needs a reminder on the importance of a quality holster. How was the gun secured? Thumb break?--although I hate thumb breaks on hip holsters, they are greatly needed on ankle holsters.

Is he a member here? You may want to direct him here to continue his education...
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

My wife dropped her Bersa 22 at Wal-Mart once. It was in the front pocket of her jeans and slipped out when she bent over. It too, clattered across the floor, where a fellow picked it up, handed it back to her with the comment..."You dropped your...gun?" She said "Thank you" and put it back in her pocket.

That's about all I'd have done. Handed it back to him.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

GM
    He must have felt very embarrassed; poor guy. I should have done exactly the same you did.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Wouldn't have cleared the weapon before handing it back. I know that's not the conventionaL wisdom but you both knew the gun was loaded and (I'm sure) would have acted appropriately. The more uneccesary handling you put into the mix the more likely an AD becomes

Yep. You did well on three counts, you quickly concealed the gun to avoid scareing any sheep, you loaned him a temporay holster solution to allow him to get home safely, and you instructed him to purchase a quality holster. The use of the cell phone case as a solution might be ok, but I would be very cautious about it without testing it by jump and bending test. Just because the gun fits in it doesnt mean it will securely hold the weight of the gun and not come off the belt or flip open.

NRA ball cap in church...huh.

You handled it perfectly. You should direct him to a quality ankle holster. We should have all have such good friends.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Not sure exactly what type Blackberry case you are talking about, but the ones with the rotating clip on the back break occasionally on that hinge point. I've broken two of them while holding a plain ole Blackberry.

You did fine, other than the slap to the back of the head when he wasn't looking.

Good of you to let him borrow a temporary carry method till he figures out what he is going to do that will keep his gun secure.

One suggestion for a gun that small would be for him to get a simple pocket holster since ankle carry is a sort of a pain and not very fast to access.

Yea, and what is with the NRA cap in the church anyways. lol
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

[QUOTE=farronwolf; Yea, and what is with the NRA cap in the church anyways. lol[/QUOTE]

Yea + 1 on NRA hat in church, Did you have your AC/DC T Shirt also ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links