Possibly Made by SD?

This is a discussion on Possibly Made by SD? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to a local "big box" type store the other evening to get some groceries and such. I was wearing Jeans with an undershirt ...

Thread: Possibly Made by SD?

Possibly Made by SD?

I went to a local "big box" type store the other evening to get some groceries and such. I was wearing Jeans with an undershirt and a white T-shirt over my OWB rig. I had noticed a little printing before leaving (if one was looking) but felt it wasn't too noticeable so I didn't change.

I wandered through the store with my shopping cart collecting the items I needed and no one gave me a second glance. I paid and left.

I start out of the store and there is a SD unit about 40 ft back from my vehicle stopped in the center of the parking aisle and my vehicle is the last in this area. It is obvious that the deputy is either on the radio or looking at the computer.

I walk around to the rear gate, open and load my stuff and then walk across and in front of the SD to return my cart to the cart rack. At this point I am feeling that the deputy can clearly see the printing as she is positioned on my right side. I pay her no (obvious) notice and proceed back to my vehicle. I get in, back up and drive off towards the deputy and the exit to the lot while giving a casual nod and wave.

That was it. No issues. But I did have the feeling that she was running my plate and personal info. I do have an SD sticker on the rear window as I do work with the department from time to time and am friends with quite a few.

I just felt a little self-conscious and I normally do not. Perhaps a dark, looser shirt from now on as well as one with a colorful/complex print.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by quikduk View Post
    I went to a local "big box" type store the other evening to get some groceries and such. I was wearing Jeans with an undershirt and a white T-shirt over my OWB rig. I had noticed a little printing before leaving (if one was looking) but felt it wasn't too noticeable so I didn't change.

I wandered through the store with my shopping cart collecting the items I needed and no one gave me a second glance. I paid and left.

I start out of the store and there is a SD unit about 40 ft back from my vehicle stopped in the center of the parking aisle and my vehicle is the last in this area. It is obvious that the deputy is either on the radio or looking at the computer.

I walk around to the rear gate, open and load my stuff and then walk across and in front of the SD to return my cart to the cart rack. At this point I am feeling that the deputy can clearly see the printing as she is positioned on my right side. I pay her no (obvious) notice and proceed back to my vehicle. I get in, back up and drive off towards the deputy and the exit to the lot while giving a casual nod and wave.

That was it. No issues. But I did have the feeling that she was running my plate and personal info. I do have an SD sticker on the rear window as I do work with the department from time to time and am friends with quite a few.

I just felt a little self-conscious and I normally do not. Perhaps a dark, looser shirt from now on as well as one with a colorful/complex print.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^

Especially in a state such as yours, also being non OC
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

As you said no issue. The SD didn't stop you, no contact, no problem.
    I carry a bible and a gun. Your Point?

Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")

I agree with "fireman". She didn't talk to you, stop you, arrest you, nothing. Just let it go. LEOs are trained to be observant and nosy. She could have been checking to see if you're a potential car jacker or she could have been lookin' at your tires. She's just doin' her job, so you did the right thing - nod, wave, and leave. I wouldn't worry about it, though.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

GM
    IMO nothing to worry about.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Or she coulda been waiting on her partner, in the store buying wood screws. Sometimes I get paranoid and think EVERYONE can see it. Reality is that none can--probably. Either way, no problems. I think as there becomes more and more of us all the time, the LEOs are becoming better versed in the law, and more accepting, as they see that the CCWers aren't the problem.

Why were you wondering that she was running your license?

Were you afraid that someone in the store saw a gun on you, knew who you were, called the police and they were cruising the parking lot checking every license plate until yours came up on computer?

Seriously, there was absolutely no reason for anyone to freak, not in the store and not with the deputy. California not withstanding.

Personally, I don't think you were made by anyone, except maybe yourself.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by quikduk View Post
    ...I start out of the store and there is a SD unit about 40 ft back from my vehicle stopped in the center of the parking aisle and my vehicle is the last in this area. It is obvious that the deputy is either on the radio or looking at the computer...
    OK. So, you come out of the store, at random, and the SD is already stopped in the aisle, taking care of radio or telemetry business. Why would she know, in the parking lot, to be running a check on you? Why would she know which car was yours and already running your plates? She wouldn't have any reason to. I don't doubt that she was sitting there taking care of some business, but I think your self-consciousness and imagination got the best of you.

(She was actually running the plates of the car near yours that was stolen by the psychopath wandering around inside the store looking for rope and duct tape.)
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

I wouldn't change a thing. I think you're fine.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

nothing, probably just printing paranoia on your part. one day I wore a thin t-shirt with an obvious little bulge on one side, obvious to me because I knew exactly what it was (the rear of my slide) but not one person even looked at it all day.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Why were you wondering that she was running your license?

Were you afraid that someone in the store saw a gun on you, knew who you were, called the police and they were cruising the parking lot checking every license plate until yours came up on computer?

Seriously, there was absolutely no reason for anyone to freak, not in the store and not with the deputy. California not withstanding.

Personally, I don't think you were made by anyone, except maybe yourself.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

You did fine. It's just one of those self concious things we all go through from time to time. You did the right thng by passing her way, nodding and continuing on your way.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Thanks all for the comments. Hahaha, I did feel that it was more "me" being paranoid. Normally I don't pay attention to minor printing and this was the first time I had tighter clothes on than usual. Time to lose some of that "winter weight"...

Tom357, That is funny...as I saw some disheveled, psycho looking types in there wandering around muttering to themselves...but I didn't notice them holding any rope or duct tape...hahaha.

I don't think you were printing... I think you had a bulge which can not be determined to be anything specific. If you were printing everyone would be able to tell it was a gun.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links