CC undershirt

CC undershirt

This is a discussion on CC undershirt within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have seen at least 2 ads in gun mags for what are basically custom t-shirts that have built in holsters. Does anyone have any ...

Thread: CC undershirt

CC undershirt

I have seen at least 2 ads in gun mags for what are basically custom t-shirts that have built in holsters. Does anyone have any experience with these? Thanks.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Administrator
    Do you wear the same undershirts every day without washing them? Be prepared to do laundry (a lot) unless you buy more than one. Just something to consider.

I also can't imagine you drawing at a reasonable speed. IMO, pocket carry would be a much better alternative if you don't have a discreet IWB holster.

VIP Member
    There is at least one member here that regularly used a concealed carry undershirt that was worn under a regular dress shirt. IIRC at least two of his buttons were dummies that did nothing, but actually there were two small pieces of velcro that kept the shirt closed.

If he needed to draw, he'd just push his hand through the opening near the velcro and be able to access his weapon pretty quickly.

I think he made a short video that demonstrated how much stuff he could carry and conceal also.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

They seem like a good idea for micro compact and sub compact guns but if you go any larger than a Glock 26 the shirt will either sag or the gun will flop around. I couldn't get over the $50 price tag that most holster shirt companies were wanting.
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

I agree with the above. I had one of these, but my C75 was much to large and too heavy. I ended up giving it to my brother, who has a XD sub-compact, and it works pretty good for him.

VIP Member
    I think the brand shirt our member used was "undercover comfort". I don't have much experience with them, but how they fit you and the quality will have a bearing on the sagging and flopping issues. I think the guy I was speaking of carried a Sig.

I hope they are still in business because I think they made a good product, however I didn't have good luck with their customer service. Maybe they've improved.

I do have one, and I ought to try out mine with different weight guns and report back here, but I'm not putting on any extra layer of clothing in Louisiana in July. I do suspect this brand will carry any reasonable CCW weapon.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have one, it is a tighter fitting garment by necessity with a holster on one side and two magazine pockets on the other. IMHO, it is suited only to smaller weapons, my full size FNP rides too high and the backstrap is constantly in contact with my armpit causing it to be uncomfortable. I will say it is extremely deep concealment so if you have the right weapon, it could be for you. I also found it to be rather hot. My 2 cents.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Senior Member Array CowboyColby's Avatar
    I have four and love them. I found the least expensive but great quality ones from the NRA store. You can keep a full size if your over shirt allows it. I like to wear a vest as added cover weather it be a golf vest or a western vest i usually wear anyways. I have reduced wearing them everyday in the summer due to the fact it is hotter and i just pocket carry my lil guy but i love those shirts.

Man! I don't care which gun I might carry . . . be it a Seecamp, a USP compact, or even a J-frame . . . the way I sweat I certainly wouldn't want any gun of mine subjected to that! Nah, I'll stick with other carry methods! lol!

I carry a Sig P239 and it disappears ... if anything the 'pocket' is too deep ... could hold a 1911 easily.
    Heavily built to support the weight and hold the pistol out of sight. Downside, as noted above, not for me in hot weather.
    Works great here in New England in Fall/Winter ... no perspiration problems have appeared yet in cooler weather.
    “To see what is right and not do it, is want of courage”. Confucius

p.s. - The shirt is by 5.11 Tactical.
    “To see what is right and not do it, is want of courage”. Confucius

drw
    I have one that I got from the NRA store. It holds my PT 145 on one side and a spare mag on the other. Not my main method of carry but in comes in handy when I need to dress neatly(tucked shirt no sport coat). and I'm just not a big fan of IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    There is at least one member here that regularly used a concealed carry undershirt that was worn under a regular dress shirt. IIRC at least two of his buttons were dummies that did nothing, but actually there were two small pieces of velcro that kept the shirt closed.

If he needed to draw, he'd just push his hand through the opening near the velcro and be able to access his weapon pretty quickly.

I think he made a short video that demonstrated how much stuff he could carry and conceal also.
    That would be fed_wif_a_sig who is a federal agent who wears business attire daily. In order to conceal without wearing a sport coat or jacket he used a custom made t-shirt holster made by Undercover Comfort and swore by them. He carried a Sig Pistol, two reloads, handcuffs, OC spray, folding knife and a expandable baton. His video was pretty cool to see how well he concealed with that rig. He just kept pulling stuff out and setting it on the table. He could also draw and double tap steel targets at 7 yards in something like 2 seconds. I don't believe the manufacturer is still in business as my old link to them is dead.

I also have a medic friend who frequently wears the 5.11 holster t-shirts and seems to like them. I have not tried one.

What I frequently wear for either my Primary or BUG is the Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster. I wore it so much that I wore one out and am now working on my second one. I can draw and shoot in about 2.5 seconds. It is very comfortable and easily adjustable while wearing it. You can wear it for 18 - 20 hours and not even know you have a gun. I like that style better than the ones incorporated into an undershirt because of laundry issues. You can wear it several days without it getting stinky so you won't have to wash it like you would an undershirt. Again, like fed_wif_a_sig by making some fake buttons on shirts which are actually secured with velcro dots, you can get a very rapid draw.

Another rig I'm really considering getting since I like the Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster rig is the TRUSS Holster (Tactical Retention Undercover Suspension System) you can get at SpecGear. They have more pockets on them to carry more stuff. Both the one I have and the Truss has shoulder straps which really helps give you that "all day" comfort by distributing the weight across your shoulders. Be sure and check out the "speed draws" from cover videos on the website for the Truss holster.

You really have to try them to appreciate how well they conceal and just how comfortable they are when worn all day. I have even worn it with an un-tucked loose t-shirt or polo. You have to reach from underneath, but you don't lose much draw time if you practice. They also work great if you are a fan of "cowboy" shirts which have snaps instead of buttons. I've carried everything from steel frame double stack 1911's, G-23, 3" stainless Speed Six, SP-101's and Ruger LCP. They don't sag under the weight of heavy full size guns they way the undershirt models do. These fit very snug to the body.

Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster

SpecGear TRUSS Holster

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links