Going to House of Blues in Orlando. CCW? - Page 2

Going to House of Blues in Orlando. CCW?

This is a discussion on Going to House of Blues in Orlando. CCW? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by bigmacque FL law does not prohibit cc in in a place where people are paid to entertain, there is nothing in the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to House of Blues in Orlando. CCW?

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    FL law does not prohibit cc in in a place where people are paid to entertain, there is nothing in the statute that addresses such an event other than a school, college or professional athletic event. The quote from the law that would bother me in the HoB would be:

any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose;

If you're in the HoB, sitting at a table watching/listening to a show, you're going to be amongst a number of people that will be drinking. That portion of the joint may not be primarily devoted to booze consumption, and in fact is a portion of the restaurant itself, but I can't imagine where any part of the HoB is anything but a bar at that point. Either way, even if it's not really a bar or bar portion, if you're carrying and questioned, you will probably face some element of a hassle and in my mind it just wouldn't be worth the hassle.
    correct/incorrect..the only portion of a restaurant that is specifically devoted to serving alcohol is the actual bar itself. and if they serve food at the bar its a grey area...but i wouldnt want to be the test case there....the tables surrounding the bar are food service tables and not specifically designated for serving alcohol any more than the rest of the tables in the restaurant...the "dont walk through the bar to get to the bathroom" rule is bs...anybody who gets pinched for having to pee and carrying a gun is gonna have a field day in court...although more alcohol is probably dispensed in the urinals than anywhere else....there is no clear definition of the requirement for primarily devoted to such a purpose....

although if its gonna be a problem on your date and she might want to belly up to the bar at some point you might want to consider not carrying...

orlando parks

I was hoping someone would ask these questions,has any one cwc in any of the parks when and if I ever go to one I would like to carry hoping to never have to use it but its becouse I just don`t wont to do any thing without my "partner" for my family safety,I know about the designated bar areas.its mostly for the parking lot areas and I just wont it on me at all times

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    This has been an enlightening discussion for me, as I'm new to carry but not new to the quirks of the details of law -- there's a reason there's a ton of lawyer jokes out there, and most of them decry the number of liar....er, lawyers, and how to identify them and dispose of them.

While bladenbullet notes correct/incorrect, what I published above is the actual letter of the law as written in the statute. That does, as has been so astutely pointed out throughout this thread, leave a lot of room for interpretation. The problem thus boils down to two things: the loosely defined law and the cc'ers willingness to test the application of the law.

I'd rather carry anywhere and everywhere I go; I'd rather not chance my ability to carry legally on some loose interpretation of the law. With other portions of the statute pointing out FDLE's issues with gun possession while under the influence, even though I may not have a single drop to drink, as Ricky would say, you might have some 'splainin' to do.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Note to Matt: I have read Jon's book, it's a great read and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested. But even Jon would couch his advice: if it's questionable, why risk it?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by slickstre View Post
    I was hoping someone would ask these questions,has any one cwc in any of the parks when and if I ever go to one I would like to carry hoping to never have to use it but its becouse I just don`t wont to do any thing without my "partner" for my family safety,I know about the designated bar areas.its mostly for the parking lot areas and I just wont it on me at all times
    Disney does cursory bag inspections when you enter the park, but they don't do any kind of search of your person. Universal is the same, IIRC, except during their Halloween Horror events, where I have heard they use metal detectors.

That said, the issue with carrying inside the Disney parks is the lack of backstops. What looks like a stone wall is very often a fiberglass shell over an open metal framework with a few thousand people on the other side.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by slickstre View Post

As for the parks themselves, I have always carried well concealed and have never had an issue. Their visible security measures are pretty lax, and I have never seen a real search done. I'm sure there are plenty of covert and plainclothes measures in place, I just kind of trust myself more for my family's security until they show up. I have taken Matt's advice to heart in the past concerning the lack of a real backstop. Believe me the issue of CCW inside the actual parks comes up quite commonly.

And while I'm not a big drinker, I would have no problem having a beer at a restaurant table while carrying. It's legal, I'm nowhere near impaired, and it's just not a big issue.

There must be someone who's been to this place recently. Anyone want to have a sandwich at The Earl of Sandwich, talk guns, and go see Cindy Lauper this Sunday?
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Superhouse 15 View Post
    As for the parks themselves, I have always carried well concealed and have never had an issue. Their visible security measures are pretty lax, and I have never seen a real search done. I'm sure there are plenty of covert and plainclothes measures in place, I just kind of trust myself more for my family's security until they show up. I have taken Matt's advice to heart in the past concerning the lack of a real backstop. Believe me the issue of CCW inside the actual parks comes up quite commonly.

And while I'm not a big drinker, I would have no problem having a beer at a restaurant table while carrying. It's legal, I'm nowhere near impaired, and it's just not a big issue.

There must be someone who's been to this place recently. Anyone want to have a sandwich at The Earl of Sandwich, talk guns, and go see Cindy Lauper this Sunday?
    I think you're probably going to CC within the Park, HOB, etc. With all that in mind, you must clearly realize, we're not lawyers here, and all our posts are either opinions or cites from our interpritation of the laws of Florida. If FL Law states "No guns where alcohol is served" then I'd not take the chance. It's kinda like knowing you're carrying into another State without the right Credentials and knowing what will happen if you're caught. Personally, if you gat searched/ stopped at the entrances and not allowed into the establishment, is it worth ruining a important dinner/ concert date in order to CC that night? PLEASE don't get me wrong here, I'm ALL FOR CC WHENEVER I can legally do so. I'd just wouldn't want to see you have an embarrasing night for your Date, and wind up in the Pokey. I would not take that type of chance, but that's my own decision. Hope your night goes well, and without incident.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Thanks Matt,it was more like I leave the house with my gun and we end up going to one of the park id hate to leave it in the car case it got broke into and trust me I wouldn`t even thought about useing it in the park.just was woundering if any has cc in any of he parks what is was like?

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/ind...n%2006#0790.06

Some Florida license holders might want to review the law.

(12) No license issued pursuant to this section shall authorize any person to carry a concealed weapon or firearm into any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05; any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station; any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse; any courtroom, except that nothing in this section would preclude a judge from carrying a concealed weapon or determining who will carry a concealed weapon in his or her courtroom; any polling place; any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district; any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof; any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms; any school administration building; any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which portion of the establishment is primarily devoted to such purpose; any elementary or secondary school facility; any career center; any college or university facility unless the licensee is a registered student, employee, or faculty member of such college or university and the weapon is a stun gun or nonlethal electric weapon or device designed solely for defensive purposes and the weapon does not fire a dart or projectile; inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport, provided that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, which firearm is encased for shipment for purposes of checking such firearm as baggage to be lawfully transported on any aircraft; or any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law. Any person who willfully violates any provision of this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Exclamation To the OP

In regards to what the OP actually asked.... yes they do searches and you go through a metal detector on the way in. They pat you down, you cant get in with a weapon. Regardless of the legality, you wont be able to do it.

now... on a side note, are you going for the "something corporate" concert next monday? if you are...ill be there too...unarmed lol.

Rick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links