Serious "printing"

This is a discussion on Serious "printing" within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry my 1911 around 4 or 5 o'Clock in a CompTac IWB (kydex formed to my gun). The other day I'm with the wife ...

Thread: Serious "printing"

Talking Serious "printing"

I carry my 1911 around 4 or 5 o'Clock in a CompTac IWB (kydex formed to my gun). The other day I'm with the wife and kids at a local bookstore. I need to do a long (1.5 hours) work call. So I sit down in this large leather chair while the fam does it's thing. After the call I get up, retrieve the fam, and head to the door. We pass by the chair and there is the imprint of my gun pressed into the back of the chair.

You had to look for it and it probably disappeared the next time someone sat down, but it did get me thinking about ways my gun will print that I haven't considered before.
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

2. Remove Ads

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout
    That's awesome. Some bookworms would freak if they knew you carried a piece into their midsts. LOL

Talking OH NOO0000, Not the Chair!

HAahaa... That's Cool.... I'd like the see peps reactions to (IF they would even noticedNOT) the chair!....? Hey Coder, as long as You are still "Concealed" IMHO... All is good!

Definitely something to remember & think about, eh..... Maybe even,> to start moving forward in your chair,.. +\-5min. before getting up, so as to help "unprint" said chair.... Maybe even alittle.... Streaching<sp> alittle twisting action, acouple elbows to the back of the chair.

Thanks for the Heads up too Coder, What else We need to start looking out for!

Be Safe,

Peace Maverick

Distinguished Member
    Sounds like my muffin top. It's getting an imprint of a Glock 19 magazine. I'm afraid that my doc appt next week is gonna include "what's that mark on your skin?". It's like a tatoo.

That's a good one. It would be kind amusing to get a "look" after you got up and someone else saw it. But I doubt they would.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Bwahahahahaha....that's great. I've never had that happen to me. Then again, I don't sit in nice leather chairs for work often either :-).
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Haha, I've had it happen before. It's definitely something to think about, but could be anything from a wallet to a cell phone.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Another thought, say you are in a dusty environment like an attic or warehouse and you brush up against something that leaves a dust print of the weapon. This could potentially happen with body powder and makeup as well. And you'd never know it if you didn't look.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Another thought, say you are in a dusty environment like an attic or warehouse and you brush up against something that leaves a dust print of the weapon. This could potentially happen with body powder and makeup as well. And you'd never know it if you didn't look.
    Another good reason to wear darker colored shirts for sure.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Any 911 calls about a "chair with a gun"?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    Sounds like my muffin top. It's getting an imprint of a Glock 19 magazine. I'm afraid that my doc appt next week is gonna include "what's that mark on your skin?". It's like a tatoo.
    i have this same issue! so glad to hear i'm not the only one.

Shoot, I made a quick stop at the local mega-grocery store that has a couple of off-duty cops working there to get a "loaf of bread". When I went out I wasn't wearing a holster so I stuck my min-Glock 33 in my dress pants pocket and ran out. I didn't think anything of it at the time but when I was walking out the store from the checkout line I looked down and there was a perfect outline/print of my Glock on the outside of my pants. I freaked and put my hand in my pocket thinking that would hide it but it just looked like I was a guy holding a gun in his pocket!

Heh, nobody including the Cops noticed even though I thought it was a really obvious "print".

The Duke
    Last edited by DukeShooter; July 31st, 2010 at 11:03 PM.
    "It's time to nut up or shut up" - Woody Harrelson, "Tallahassee" in "Zombieland"

I am laughing my a$$ off!
    God Bless the troops...especially the snipers!
    -LaRue Tactical -

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    you had to get a loaf of bed huh
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Oh well it was kinda hard to carry it was a King Size (What else would The Duke get!) and trying to keep the Glock from pulling my pants down (I'm kind of skinny and all)

Little safety tip (Or embarassment tip!) don't post while talking to the wife, in bed.... Glad to give everyone a chuckle!

Just a little happy tip from your Old Uncle Duke.
    "It's time to nut up or shut up" - Woody Harrelson, "Tallahassee" in "Zombieland"

Links