Amazing experience today.

This is a discussion on Amazing experience today. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to a new physician today, but his office is inside a Wishard clinic in Indianapolis. This is not the main Wishard hospital on the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing experience today.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

Went to a new physician today, but his office is inside a Wishard clinic in Indianapolis. This is not the main Wishard hospital on the IUPUI campus, and is not considered part of the campus. They are posted, no weapons of any kind allowed, I simply ignored the sign and carried IWB. During the course of my exam, my docter was checking my stomach out to see if my stomach problems were doing better. Then his hand went to poke my side and hit my gun, all he said was, might want to pocket carry next time, might be found by a nurse or someone else and they might get scared and call security. He didn't say anything about the policy of no weapons and let it go quickly. I then went by my office to pick up my check. Went and filled up like normal. I gotta back up a second, this requires backstory, I was very sick a week ago, and missed a few days of work, so the money that was going to buy my shotgun ended up going towards bills. I kind of just resigned myself to the thought of, I'm losing my shottie before I even have it, and let it go. Well, I bought a scratch off on a whim and won a hundred bucks!!!!! I ended up being able to get my shottie out of layaway too. So I found out my doctor is pro carry, and got a new shottie because of a scratch off ticket
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Win Win!! Congrats!!
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Nice! The doc sounds like a keeper.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

the office visit was great too, I had a doctor in front of me, right at the time i was scheduled for my appointment, i got to ask all my questions, and we got to know each other. great office visit, and i was in and out in a reasonable amount of time
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Doc visits are the perfect time to pocket carry. I learned this from a similar experience that didn't go as well as the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    They are posted, no weapons of any kind allowed, I simply ignored the sign and carried IWB.
    Why did you ignore the sign? Is the sign legitimate and you could get in trouble if found carrying a weapon? If so, it was not a wise choice.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Good day indeed! Hmmmm, maybe I should go buy a ticket.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Why did you ignore the sign? Is the sign legitimate and you could get in trouble if found carrying a weapon? If so, it was not a wise choice.
    It sounds like he was in a place where the sign had little legal significance. They could ask him to leave if they saw the gun, but carrying there wasn't a crime.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them. -- John Wayne as John B. Books in "The Shootist"

Sounds like a good day to me, but I'd be buying the big Lotto ticket today.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    It sounds like he was in a place where the sign had little legal significance. They could ask him to leave if they saw the gun, but carrying there wasn't a crime.
    Even the Doctor said it would possibly scare some of the nurses and they might call security if they saw the gun. Why take the chance? Leave the gun in your car, go get your physical and then leave. A few minutes without the gun won't hurt you and it could prevent a situation. Not everyone likes guns so don't put it in their face. It just gives fuel to the anti-gun folks.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I'd pick up a couple of Powerball Tickets!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Even the Doctor said it would possibly scare some of the nurses and they might call security if they saw the gun. Why take the chance? Leave the gun in your car, go get your physical and then leave. A few minutes without the gun won't hurt you and it could prevent a situation. Not everyone likes guns so don't put it in their face. It just gives fuel to the anti-gun folks.
    +1

I know I am not the archetype ccw guy, but that's how I handled it last time I went to my physician. Could I have been whacked while getting my doodads hefted by the doctor? Sure. However, I'm not a press-to-test kinda guy - especially if there was a prominent sign. Here in NC, the sign can be used as a reason to prosecute you.

Here in Indiana, signs mean nothing, I will be finding a more discrete method to carry in the doc's office, and yes, first thing tomorrow, i am getting a powerball ticket

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Bagmaster, for when you really need to camo your gun.

http://www.bagmaster.com/cart/56/Fan...Belt+Packs.htm
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

i was thinking more of a satchel type bag like 5.11 makes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links