Arizona SB 1108 Concealed Carry is the LAW today.

This is a discussion on Arizona SB 1108 Concealed Carry is the LAW today. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As of 12:01 a.m. this morning it is now legal for any citizen in Arizona who can legally own a gun to carry it concealed ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arizona SB 1108 Concealed Carry is the LAW today.

Arizona SB 1108 Concealed Carry is the LAW today.

As of 12:01 a.m. this morning it is now legal for any citizen in Arizona who can legally own a gun to carry it concealed within the sate with out a permit.

When Gov. Jan Brewer signed the law back in April, I thought there would be a ton of antis in the media trying to spread their propaganda. Then came SB 1070, the immigration bill, and all hell broke loose in Arizona.

SB 1108 quietly became law this morning.

Now we officially join Alaska and Vermont. Others need to follow.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

2. Remove Ads

I am shocked that the streets are not already running red!!

Seriously, though, you are right that all the hubbub about the ILLEGAL ALIEN (not undocumented immigrant) law has kind of kept the constitutional carry law relegated to the background, although there have been a couple of media outlets giving it some cover.

There is a new website that is addressing the training issue, what they have so far looks pretty good. http://trainmeaz.com/

YMMV

Lon

That is a great move!

I'm curious? Do they still have a permit you can obtain for folks who want reciprocity when traveling out of state? Vermont has no provision for that, but Alaska does.

Since you had CCW permits before, I would assume you'll keep offering them, but does anyone know for sure?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    That is a great move!

I'm curious? Do they still have a permit you can obtain for folks who want reciprocity when traveling out of state? Vermont has no provision for that, but Alaska does.

Since you had CCW permits before, I would assume you'll keep offering them, but does anyone know for sure?
    Yes they still offer a permit as well! Besides reciprocity having a permit you can legally enter a bar without a sign posted and carry, obviously no drinking allowed. But if you do not have a permit than it is illegal to enter a bar even if it is not posted

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Yes they still offer a permit as well! Besides reciprocity having a permit you can legally enter a bar without a sign posted and carry, obviously no drinking allowed. But if you do not have a permit than it is illegal to enter a bar even if it is not posted
    Gotcha! Thanks for the info Spencer!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Anytime Bark'n!

Great to hear! Hopefully more states are soon to follow.

Glad to hear something went well for AZ this week! Sounds like you need better judges down there though! Hang in there!
    God Bless the troops...especially the snipers!
    -LaRue Tactical -

Why "obviously"?

In Nevada it is legal to have an adult beverage while I carry my weapon. Why would that be an issue?

Ken

Welcome to the club!

Senior Moderator
    As of 12:01 a.m. this morning it is now legal for any citizen in Arizona who can legally own a gun to carry it concealed within the sate with out a permit.

As it should be.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I really hope this starts catching on. Almost makes me want to move to Arizona, but I could never stand the heat, I'm a winter guy.

It should be like that everywhere.

When you say Bar what does that mean exactly? I have CCW in CA and I can carry into a place like Applebee's and sit at a table but can't consume alcohol. If it's a bar that the majority of business is serving alcohol my understanding is I can't carry. Is AZ this way?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbrent View Post
    When you say Bar what does that mean exactly? I have CCW in CA and I can carry into a place like Applebee's and sit at a table but can't consume alcohol. If it's a bar that the majority of business is serving alcohol my understanding is I can't carry. Is AZ this way?
    In AZ, with a permit, you can legally carry in any establishment that serves alcohol, as long as it is not posted and you do not drink. Without a permit, you cannot legally carry in those same places

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links