It is a privilage , not a right !

This is a discussion on It is a privilage , not a right ! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Contract with the city of phila , at first I was a bit up set , then after a few secs thinking, the right to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It is a privilage , not a right !

Contract with the city of phila ,
    at first I was a bit up set , then after a few secs thinking, the right to bear arms does not mean , I hav the right to a tee shirt , nor hide , my arms in public ,
    thanks america for letting me go short sleeve and baring my arms , or even letting me cover my arms !

What are these red stars and how xo o get more ?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    ^^^^^^^^^^^HUH!!!!!!?????????^^^^^^^^^^^^

This makes no sense to me.

Ok, so what's the speed of dark?
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    His last line explains the OP's purpose - to rack up posts. Also, the OP may be appreciating his rights as a citizen even though his contract with the city prohibits carrying a concealed weapon. And it is directly and negatively equal to the speed of light.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    Contract with the city of phila ,
    at first I was a bit up set , then after a few secs thinking, the right to bear arms does not mean , I hav the right to a tee shirt , nor hide , my arms in public ,
    thanks america for letting me go short sleeve and baring my arms , or even letting me cover my arms !
    Yes, and you can wear tank tops too if you want.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

First off....privilege is misspelled. Secondly, I don't know where this is going, but the best definition is that driving and your driver's license are a privilege and not a right. Having, holding, keeping, or carrying a gun is a right given to all upstanding American citizens (even though there may be dues to be paid under certain circumstances) and not a privilege. Wearing any kind of shirt you want to, or displaying your tattoos is a freedom and a right all Americans enjoy. How many red stars do you want, and where do you want them? You know twenty or so years ago, a red star meant you were communistic in your ideals. Many people died because of that notion. There's still a sort of social stigma I relate to those who like red stars to this day. I'm almost sure you can't relate to any of this. Be careful what you wish for.

Rule #1: Don't drink and post!
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    First off.... privilege is misspelled. Secondly, I don't know where this is going, but the best definition is that driving and your driver's license are a privilege and not a right. Having, holding, keeping, or carrying a gun is a right given to all upstanding American citizens (even though there may be dues to be paid under certain circumstances) and not a privilege. Wearing any kind of shirt you want to, or displaying your tattoos is a freedom and a right all Americans enjoy. How many red stars do you want, and where do you want them? You know twenty or so years ago, a red star meant you were communistic in your ideals. Many people died because of that notion. There's still a sort of social stigma I relate to those who like red stars to this day. I'm almost sure you can't relate to any of this. Be careful what you wish for.
    allow me to go back in time - post
    i was trying to say -
    ---------------------- in the great city of phila pa , the " contract you sign when receiving your ccw states ----' its a privilege not a right ---- for a second i thought no its my right ! , actually it is our right to bear arms , but not written that we can ccw !

"Having, holding, keeping, or carrying a gun is a right given to all upstanding American citizens" you sir are half correct , it no where states that we can cc , or for that matter need be
    "upstanding " nor defined .... and try this in the city of new york --------
    as far as red stars you have none - was mearly an add on , see post above with red stars , in most forums merits are earned from members -
    and as far as driving i have not read in our constitution where we have the right to bear a steering wheel ???

twenty or so years ago, a red star meant you were communistic in your ideals --- see all post -- may be an admin can help change them to white stars ????//

i am was marly giving praise that we in this country can , protect our self , and that i am happy for this right

sorry if my op was a bit out of left field ......

Quote Originally Posted by gruntingfrog View Post
    Rule #1: Don't drink and post!
    drinking verses a monkey with a gun ???????
    that avatar is gonna look real good in case of ;....

hummmmmm

Technically, it's an ape. hehehehe
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    allow me to go back in time - post
    i was trying to say -
    ---------------------- in the great city of phila pa , the " contract you sign when receiving your ccw states ----' its a privilege not a right ---- for a second i thought no its my right ! , actually it is our right to bear arms , but not written that we can ccw !

"Having, holding, keeping, or carrying a gun is a right given to all upstanding American citizens" you sir are half correct , it no where states that we can cc , or for that matter need be
    "upstanding " nor defined .... and try this in the city of new york --------
    as far as red stars you have none - was mearly an add on , see post above with red stars , in most forums merits are earned from members -
    and as far as driving i have not read in our constitution where we have the right to bear a steering wheel ???

twenty or so years ago, a red star meant you were communistic in your ideals --- see all post -- may be an admin can help change them to white stars ????//

i am was marly giving praise that we in this country can , protect our self , and that i am happy for this right

sorry if my op was a bit out of left field ......
    Normally I wouldn't say anything but, your posts are driving me crazy. Why do you have quotation marks all on their own? Why can't I find a period? Why are there commas after exclamation points? Are you just banging your head on the keyboard at the end of each sentence
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

^^^ this ^^^

And I tried to delete the monkey joke !

Heh, i took it as you being sarcastic and referring to wearing a t-shirt and "showing the guns"

can't blame a guy for not being happy about it being told it's a privilege to show his guns.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    In the words of Bob Marley. "Kill it before it grows".

In the words of Bob Marley. "Kill it before it grows".

You do know what he speaks of and what a rasta is ?

Quote Originally Posted by yoyomeng View Post
    Heh, i took it as you being sarcastic and referring to wearing a t-shirt and "showing the guns"

can't blame a guy for not being happy about it being told it's a privilege to show his guns.

Pretty much right about that
    reread please
    my tong is in my shek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links