Made a guy today (not really)

This is a discussion on Made a guy today (not really) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With an extremely heightened SA since submitting my MI CHL app 5 wks ago, I sat with my wife and two small kids in our ...

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Made a guy today (not really)

  1. #1
    Member Array Jetplane19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    19

    Thumbs up Made a guy today (not really)

    With an extremely heightened SA since submitting my MI CHL app 5 wks ago, I sat with my wife and two small kids in our local bagel shop this morning. I was watching folks come and go. One guy pulled up in a truck and walked in wearing shorts and an orange knit golf shirt. I could clearly see the frame printing thru his shirt at 3:00 but had to look carefully.

    Sadly he took his order to go. But the short time while he waited, I felt safer for my family.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    Ex Member
    Array 1 old 0311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,429
    99% of the time I am OK when I spot a carry weapon. The other 1% is 'pucker factor.'

  4. #3
    VIP Member
    Array Thumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    7,235
    I thought you might be describing me until you said "knit golf shirt"!

    In my state 'printing" isn't a legal issue and though I try not to print, I'm not overly concerned if I do. It's only the watchful eye that will see it anyway. Sheeple have acute "tunnel vision"!
    Last edited by Thumper; August 1st, 2010 at 12:17 AM.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

    "A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

  5. #4
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    15,885
    "I could clearly see the frame printing thru his shirt at 3:00 but had to look carefully."

    Sounds like a contradiction. Did you want to point and say, "I'm telling, I'm telling!"
    If they're not wearing a hoodie in July, I'm not too concerned.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  6. #5
    Member Array phair12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    108
    i used to be obsessed with not printing then i stopped caring cause people who knew i was carrying didnt catch it. Then i started carying owb with a t polo, no one (even gun friends) didnt catch it. my brother said "i cant conceal like you do". Then i stopped wasting time all together. I typically carry owb the only time i really conceal is when i have to. but walmart = owb with T-shirt cover.
    oh and in tn open carry with permit is legal so no printing issues.

  7. #6
    Member Array wyo-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    99% of the time I am OK when I spot a carry weapon. The other 1% is 'pucker factor.'
    Same here...........................

    wyo-man

  8. #7
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,514
    I used to be very concerned with any bump or bulge, but I don't think about it any more. I am certainly concealed, but it's not a big deal in my book.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  9. #8
    Ex Member Array Harryball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lansing Mi
    Posts
    6,960
    People new to CC can be so funny sometimes.

  10. #9
    sgb
    sgb is offline
    VIP Member Array sgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    You don't need to know
    Posts
    2,414
    I operate on the premise that all people are armed, and don't worry about it.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

  11. #10
    VIP Member Array dukalmighty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    15,177
    We were riding bikes on a roundtrip to San Antonio and back,about 450 miles,I noticed one of my buddies was having a wardrobe failure on the way back,and could see his taurus Pt111 in a holster at 3'oclock,I don't even think any other traffic saw it,but it wasn't a big deal cause everybody was packing,I told him in the future either sit on the back of your shirt or tuck it in the back of your pants,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. I was made today.
    By farronwolf in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2008, 08:38 PM
  2. Got Made Today
    By matdicdad in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: January 20th, 2008, 12:25 AM
  3. Got Made today
    By jeephipwr in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: December 14th, 2007, 08:35 AM
  4. Made a guy today.
    By Hotbrass in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: October 17th, 2007, 01:07 AM
  5. Got made by the doc today
    By kentuckycarry in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: May 6th, 2007, 05:18 PM