Colorado carry questions - Page 2

Colorado carry questions

This is a discussion on Colorado carry questions within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks elkhunter....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks elkhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber View Post
    this is just hearsay, but Telluride is actually very unfriendly towards guns. OC is probably a pretty bad idea.
    Having visited Telluride a number of times, I can say it's become quite the liberal haven. On your way into town there is a sign that says, "Welcome to Telluride, where your Constitutional rights are protected." That sounds good, but I feel it really means you won't get arrested for smoking pot or snorting coke. I don't get that cowboy feeling there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman23 View Post
    Not in my vehicle There are some really rough moutain passes going out of there.....and I'm looking forward to them. Thanks for your reply!
    I said that too, on my dual sport motorcycle. I chickened out. For a flatlander, I was shocked. Good luck with Imogene.

Quote Originally Posted by ks kid View Post
    Are there any requirements for the posting of business's? I travel to Co. a lot to fish, ski and visit family and have yet to see any standard. In Ks, its one sign and the AG has stated where it has to be placed. Going again in one week, for a 10 day fishing trip.
    Colo. doesn't have the Gunbusters like we do. They basically have what was attempted in our legislature this past session. They must have metal detectors, if not, you are good to go, excepting the "off-limits" places mentioned earlier. Now, a business owner/mgr. CAN ask you to leave, and if you don't comply, would be trespass----but if concealed, they shouldn't know.

Thanks Devilsclaw. PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by ks kid View Post
    Are there any requirements for the posting of business's? I travel to Co. a lot to fish, ski and visit family and have yet to see any standard. In Ks, its one sign and the AG has stated where it has to be placed. Going again in one week, for a 10 day fishing trip.
    No signs in Colorado have the force of law. If asked to leave (for any reason, gun or not) you must leave or it is tresspass.

Enjoy Telluride, but remember keep it concealed! It is a very Lib town...you can and probably will see people smoking pot on the street corner, possibly see a little coke being snorted but the sight of a gun or the smell of gunpowder will get some panties twisted! Have fun it is georgous down there now!
    God Bless the troops...especially the snipers!
    -LaRue Tactical -

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Having visited Telluride a number of times, I can say it's become quite the liberal haven. On your way into town there is a sign that says, "Welcome to Telluride, where your Constitutional rights are protected." That sounds good, but I feel it really means you won't get arrested for smoking pot or snorting coke. I don't get that cowboy feeling there.

I said that too, on my dual sport motorcycle. I chickened out. For a flatlander, I was shocked. Good luck with Imogene.
    Guns and more, Imogene Pass was AWESOME! Ran the entire trail all the way past ghost town topping out at 13,100 ft. The FJ crawled it with ease. There was one pass that I had to drive under a waterfall, was able to stick my hand out and touch the rock the ledge road was so narrow. Also did 1/2 of Black Bear pass to the top of Bridal Veil falls.

Oh yeah, the town has a sign while entering that says "Welcome to Telluride, where your Civil Rights are protected"....and Yes, I did see some pot smoking.

Update...I'm back. Hippie's is an UNDERSTATEMENT, not the locals....but PHISH annouced a last minute, 2 day, concert.....the "dreads" were in full force. Damn some of them are dirty! Carried the entire time...no problemo. I did not see a single business that was posted. No worries at the hotel.

Just thought I'd share a few photos from the trip up Imogene Pass. One is of a "vehicle-wide" waterfall crossing. The other is from the top of the trail, 13,114 feet.

DSC_2768.JPGDSC_2776.JPG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links