Got made by my barber...

This is a discussion on Got made by my barber... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The lady that cuts my hair wouldn't be surprised, however, she works in IL. Nuf said....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got made by my barber...

The lady that cuts my hair wouldn't be surprised, however, she works in IL. Nuf said.
    ‎"When the need for my gun is abated I will lay it down freely, but until that day comes not even Satan himself could pry it from my cold dead hands."

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by loboleather View Post
    Since then I have taught my barber and her husband to shoot and they both now have concealed weapons permits. Yeah, they voted for Obama but I think I just about have them turned around for the 2010 mid-term election.
    +1 on both statements.

I teach CHL classes in my state. I was getting a haircut at this barber shop...its not a chain..its a mom & pop barbershop. While me and son are getting our trims he asks what i do so I tell him. He stop cutting and looks at me with shock and im like 'oh boy this guy is gonna freak'. He then says he will be right back and grabs a sheet of paper and runs back to me. Its a list of folks he has who need to take CHL classes. So thanks to this guy I had 24 people to teach.

He asked if I was carrying I said I was and he asked what i had. I think at the time it was a 1911. He said he would have never known I was packing if he hadnt asked. So now its a great place to go get a haircut as all the guys there carry now i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    I teach CHL classes in my state. I was getting a haircut at this barber shop...its not a chain..its a mom & pop barbershop. While me and son are getting our trims he asks what i do so I tell him. He stop cutting and looks at me with shock and im like 'oh boy this guy is gonna freak'. He then says he will be right back and grabs a sheet of paper and runs back to me. Its a list of folks he has who need to take CHL classes. So thanks to this guy I had 24 people to teach.

He asked if I was carrying I said I was and he asked what i had. I think at the time it was a 1911. He said he would have never known I was packing if he hadnt asked. So now its a great place to go get a haircut as all the guys there carry now i think.

That's awesome!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    ...Went to my hometown to visit the folks and got a haircut and a shave. when I was getting out of my chair the barber i've known for about a decade now noticed the my buldge (between getting up and standing standing I print a little). When I went to shake his hand and pay him he pulled me and and whispered

Him: "Hey, you doing security now too or something"

Me: "uhh...no..."

Him: "Oh I noticed that thing on your hip"

Me: "Oh yeah, I got my license in January"

Him: "So what are you carrying?"

I suppose, living in the city that he does, it is no surprise he'd be good at spotting bulges... I was wearing a thinner/smaller polo shirt than usual. maybe I should stop wearing that one when I carry (or wait till I have my PM9)
    So you didn't answer him? Did he comment as to what you were carrying? Is he a 1911 or GLOCK guy? Don't leave us hangin' bro!

Sounds like you have a cool barber. The barber shop I go to is staffed by 3 men, 2 of which are also farmers. There is always a GUNS & AMMO magazine or some gun rag to read along with a few comic books, car magazines, fishing, hunting etc. The one guy who I prefer to cut my hair and I always seem to start talking guns while getting cut. I'm not sure how it came up the first time but he asked about CC and I acknoledged I was and asked if he was, he wasn't. Over the following weeks he purchased a LCP and was having trouble finding ammo for it. I talked to him more about taking the class and he eventually did. I'm not sure if he's got his permit yet. Last time I was getting my hair cut the "been doing any shooting lately" question didn't come up until a lady and her son came in. I don't have any idea what this lady's name is but I know she is local LEO. I resisted the urge to keep quiet and told the barber about the recent nighttime defensive pistol shoot I participated in. Didn't seem to be any reaction from the policewoman either way so that was good.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    So you didn't answer him? Did he comment as to what you were carrying? Is he a 1911 or GLOCK guy? Don't leave us hangin' bro!

Sounds like you have a cool barber. The barber shop I go to is staffed by 3 men, 2 of which are also farmers. There is always a GUNS & AMMO magazine or some gun rag to read along with a few comic books, car magazines, fishing, hunting etc. The one guy who I prefer to cut my hair and I always seem to start talking guns while getting cut. I'm not sure how it came up the first time but he asked about CC and I acknoledged I was and asked if he was, he wasn't. Over the following weeks he purchased a LCP and was having trouble finding ammo for it. I talked to him more about taking the class and he eventually did. I'm not sure if he's got his permit yet. Last time I was getting my hair cut the "been doing any shooting lately" question didn't come up until a lady and her son came in. I don't have any idea what this lady's name is but I know she is local LEO. I resisted the urge to keep quiet and told the barber about the recent nighttime defensive pistol shoot I participated in. Didn't seem to be any reaction from the policewoman either way so that was good.
    I told him Glock 19, he gave me a first bump and then the phone rang so I told him ttyl
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

The girl who cuts my hair likes to go shooting with her boyfriend, so we'll talk guns while she's working. I came in one day, sat in the chair & she threw the smock thing over me. I proceeded to tell her" check out the new holster I got". She lifted up the smock thing & said "WOW, that is awesome!!"
    I called her back a couple hours later & said, "You know, you were the only one who knew you were looking at a holster under there. I can only imagine what the other customers were thinking."

She said she thought about it afterward too, but whatcha gonna do?

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DustyBottoms View Post
    Sounds like you have a cool barber. The chicks at 'Super Cuts' would have flipped out on me...
    I think you might be supprised. I open carry everytime I get my hair cut at several local chains and the subject has never come up with any of them. I don't know what the gun climate is like in TN, but I can't imagine it being any worse the Eastern Washington.
    Pro Deo, Pro Familia, Pro Patria

Ruger SR9 - Crossbreed STD
    Savage 10FP

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    I recently changed dentists and we were getting acquainted while I was sitting in the chair and he had his hands in my mouth. He asked my occupation and I told him I was a retired LEO and I worked parttime in a gun shop. He guessed which one and asked me if I was carrying. I said yes and he wanted to know what and where. I told him my 1911 in a Crossbreed. He laughed and pulled up his shirt and showed me a Kimber in a Crossbreed. He had a new assistant who expressed concern over guns. His response was to get used to it because half his staff carried and any patient was welcome to who was legal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links