Got made by my barber...

Got made by my barber...

This is a discussion on Got made by my barber... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...Went to my hometown to visit the folks and got a haircut and a shave. when I was getting out of my chair the barber ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got made by my barber...

...Went to my hometown to visit the folks and got a haircut and a shave. when I was getting out of my chair the barber i've known for about a decade now noticed the my buldge (between getting up and standing standing I print a little). When I went to shake his hand and pay him he pulled me and and whispered

Him: "Hey, you doing security now too or something"

Me: "uhh...no..."

Him: "Oh I noticed that thing on your hip"

Me: "Oh yeah, I got my license in January"

Him: "So what are you carrying?"

I suppose, living in the city that he does, it is no surprise he'd be good at spotting bulges... I was wearing a thinner/smaller polo shirt than usual. maybe I should stop wearing that one when I carry (or wait till I have my PM9)
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

GM
    It sounds like your carrying does not bother him at all
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Sounds like you have a cool barber. The chicks at 'Super Cuts' would have flipped out on me...

Quote Originally Posted by DustyBottoms View Post
    Sounds like you have a cool barber. The chicks at 'Super Cuts' would have flipped out on me...
    I usually go to SportClips. I have a feeling the girl there would freak out as well.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    In reality, I think more people are curious than concerned. I'm sure he knew that if you'd meant harm, you'd have done it by then.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

No biggie. Sounds like a good guy to have cut your hair.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

In the small town old style barber shop that I go to, it is often the topic of discussion as all the barbers carry while cutting hair.

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    It sounds like your carrying does not bother him at all
    Nope! he did not make a scene at all, and whispered to me as to not potentially startle anyone else in his shop.

He is! I always go back home and get a haircut, he's the only one who knows what I like
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DustyBottoms View Post
    I don't think the ones at my local SC could stop talking long enough to notice. ;)

About 2 years ago I was at my barber's shop when a man came in and became loud, obnoxious, and threatening. When my barber told him to leave he refused. I told him that I was a retired cop and would probably make a good witness at his criminal trespass trial if he chose to wait around until the nice officers got there to arrest him. He left immediately.

Since then I have taught my barber and her husband to shoot and they both now have concealed weapons permits. Yeah, they voted for Obama but I think I just about have them turned around for the 2010 mid-term election.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

VIP Member
    This thread reminded me of a Saturday Night Live segment I saw once. It was about "Pat" (unknown gender) getting a haircut, when the barber was finished and brushing Pat's shirt and pants off with his little broom, the barber sort of explored and lingered in certain places with the broom trying to establish Pat's gender. So next time you get a haircut and the barber lingers around your waist may be an indication he's suspcious whether one is CCW or not.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

As far as the shirt goes, you kind of have to give up those under armor/ sport like polo and t shirts... I still wear the under armors as an under shirt between my glock and my body, but no more as an outer garment... at least not when carrying on the waist.

Quote Originally Posted by crf3973 View Post
    As far as the shirt goes, you kind of have to give up those under armor/ sport like polo and t shirts... I still wear the under armors as an under shirt between my glock and my body, but no more as an outer garment... at least not when carrying on the waist.
    maybe the super tuck or MTAC will make it more stable.... its really only noticeable between sitting down and getting up, when its shifting around.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by crf3973 View Post
    I agree with you IF you are still trying to wear the same size before CC as you try while CC.i wear one size bigger when carrying then not carrying. I carry CC 50% of the time(I am a LEO so I OC while on duty) and I only got made once AFAIK while off-duty and it was my fault. I was wearing my G21 IWB with a t-shirt over, but I picked the size without thinking I would be sitting down(wife and I were vehicle shopping) and I got made by a former FBI agent while signing paperwork. Other than that time, I have never been made AFAIK, regardless of what I carry
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

LMC
    The lady that cuts my hair cc's an lcp everyday. She also cuts my mom's hair and I am trying to get her to get mom interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links