Where is your permit?

Where is your permit?

This is a discussion on Where is your permit? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I learned an interesting lesson today. I work in retail. That means people open their wallet to me on a daily basis. I see a ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Where is your permit?

I learned an interesting lesson today.

I work in retail. That means people open their wallet to me on a daily basis. I see a lot of wallets. Today I saw what I thought was the right half of a Virginia CHP in a credit card slot in someone's wallet. When he walked away, I was pretty sure I saw some minor printing on the right hip, at 3:30-4:00. I didn't say anything because I work with and that wasn't a conversation I wanted to have in the open.

Something to think about. Where is your permit in your wallet? If you pull out credit cards or a photo ID, will someone see your permit? Will you have made yourself going shopping?

I carry mine right behind me license. If I get anything out of my wallet I hold it toward me so no one can see it.

I keep mine in the back of my business card holder that is kept in my shirt pocket. I do not keep them together for that very reason.

Senior Moderator
    My permit is behind my IDPA card in my wallet, hidden from view. The part of the IDPA card which is visible isn't recognizable as a gun-related item.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Like Caubry, in a special slot behind my license. License, retired id, 218, state cwl.

My wallet has an area to hold cards, then a flip-over, windowed area on top of that. In the windowed slot I place my driver's license. In the windowed area, I carry my driver's license, a copy of my registration and auto insurance, my state's CHL and the (non-res) CHL. Behind the driver's license goes the CHL facing backwards, such that even if the driver's license needs to be given up then the CHL is not immediately obvious. Because of the flip-over style, none of the cards in the wallet magically eject, either. It's a simple but effective combination that works very well. I don't recall the brand of billfold, but it was purchased at Kohl's (a department store on the west coast).

Though these aren't the exact brand/model of wallets I use, they are each fairly close:

• Normal daily activities: a more-standard billfold, with flip-over card area, windowed ID slot, area for cash, such as the Kenneth Cole "Messina" flip-up.
    • When going light: a money clip with three card slots and windowed ID slot, ie Fossil money clip.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

My wallet has a business card holder behind the credit card slots. I keep my CC License behind the business cards, completely hidden from view. I used to keep it behind my CA Driver's License, but every now and then I have to take my Driver's License out in a public situation and I don't want my CC License to be viewable.

Quote Originally Posted by giaodn View Post
    I learned an interesting lesson today.

I work in retail. That means people open their wallet to me on a daily basis. I see a lot of wallets. Today I saw what I thought was the right half of a Virginia CHP in a credit card slot in someone's wallet. When he walked away, I was pretty sure I saw some minor printing on the right hip, at 3:30-4:00. I didn't say anything because I work with and that wasn't a conversation I wanted to have in the open.

Something to think about. Where is your permit in your wallet? If you pull out credit cards or a photo ID, will someone see your permit? Will you have made yourself going shopping?

Right next to my DL. Here. it's considered one and the same. On a traffic stop they both come out together. As an ID verification, my DL comes out of the wallet without CCHL. Nobody will ever see me "printing" no matter what I carry in my wallet. A slip here, and a slip there just means you're careless and reckless with CC whether it's with your wallet and cards, or your shirt and your gear. It's no game folks....be serious about what you do and how you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Behind the driver's license goes the CHL facing backwards, such that even if the driver's license needs to be given up then the CHL is not immediately obvious.
    That's an excellent idea.

Quote Originally Posted by giaodn View Post
    That's an excellent idea.
    I agree, hadnt thought of doing that.

AzB
    Mine is right next to my CCW badge!
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Ex Member
    VERY few, if any, non CCW people would know what it is.

GM
    It is right behind the drivers license.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Behind my drivers license
    Glock 19
    Glock 23

I have the fever,

Mine is on top of my DL in the window. NC is a must inform state, it's a reminder for me.

Maybe.

I really don't worry about it.

It's likely that the only person that would recognize it would be another CC'r. And that does not concern me in the least. But I'm not a staunch "concealed means concealed" type carrier either.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links