Amusing anti observation in the wild

This is a discussion on Amusing anti observation in the wild within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The home office internet connection was down the other day, so I packed up the laptop and headed to a nearby coffee establishment to use ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Amusing anti observation in the wild

Senior Moderator

The home office internet connection was down the other day, so I packed up the laptop and headed to a nearby coffee establishment to use their wifi and finish some work.

The place was pretty sparsely populated, being mid-day, and there were only a handful of people seated at the tables. I occupied my customary corner table, plugged the laptop in, and went to work.

At a nearby table, there was a group 3 or 4 people I presumed to be college students, studying and holding court on various topics. One or two people would filter in or out of the group from time to time.

When the conversation at their table turned to guns, I paid a bit more attention, and heard the typical bleating about how there would be no crime if there were no guns, nobody should be allowed to carry a gun, etc. One of the participants proclaimed that she would "know" if anyone around her was carrying a gun, and she would "help" that person understand humanity better.

I got up and walked past their table to go get a bottle of water, and passed within a foot or two of the group. Amazingly, she didn't magically "know" that I was carrying a gun.

I sat back down and rolled my eyes a bit as the young lady resumed her pontification on how "understanding and love" is an effective response to violent crime.

Got some work done, and a free comedy performance. Not a bad deal.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Yeah...these will be the same people requiring emotional counseling when they get mugged...."I'm a good person! Why did this happen to me?" Because you look like sheep! BAAA
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member
    Key word is "college students".

Ah, the days where taxes were something your parents paid.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    There's a huge dose of reality headed her way in the future. Too bad they don't teach that in the schools of "higher education."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I carry because I understand humanity.

Ahhhhh.......the joyful bliss, when you don't know, what you don't know.

What is the old saying? Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it? She is emoting, not dealing with the facts. That comes later.

JD
    Administrator
    Right after I came home from Iraq in '03 I heard a conversation in a restaurant between a couple of college girls about "How great the idea of communism is, and it would really work but that there's just never been the right person in charge"

They didn't get off as luck as the stooges Matt overheard....

Ah, to be young and naive again. On second thought, no thanks. I'd rather be old and wise.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Right after I came home from Iraq in '03 I heard a conversation in a restaurant between a couple of college girls about "How great the idea of communism is, and it would really work but that there's just never been the right person in charge"

They didn't get off as luck as the stooges Matt overheard....
    Do tell.
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Do tell.
    Blah, blah, blah how many communist countries have you been to, blah, blah, blah have you ever met anyone that's immigrated here from a communist country? Blah, blah, if you were to speak about democracy like this in a communist country, blah, blah, assault you with this fork, blah, blah, get a parade and a medal.

Quote Originally Posted by MattInFla View Post
    I got up and walked past their table to go get a bottle of water, and passed within a foot or two of the group. Amazingly, she didn't magically "know" that I was carrying a gun.
    I thought you were going to open carry right by her.

I'm not criticizing you for remaining concealed. Just with all the OC Starbucks going on, I thought that's where the story was headed.

She thought she would "know"... I am continually amazed at how stupid humans can be.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Blah, blah, blah how many communist countries have you been to, blah, blah, blah have you ever met anyone that's immigrated here from a communist country? Blah, blah, if you were to speak about democracy like this in a communist country, blah, blah, assault you with this fork, blah, blah, get a parade and a medal.
    Those are the arguments I use against communist supporters. But I grew up in Vietnam and immigrated here. They kindly shut up once I play that card.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by giaodn View Post
    Those are the arguments I use against communist supporters. But I grew up in Vietnam and immigrated here. They kindly shut up once I play that card.
    Yeah, I've never met anybody who grew up in a communist country that actually still supports communism. The biggest friends American democracy has is people like yourself, who know what it is like to fight for your own freedom and have been on both sides of the fence.

As for the college kids; some of the dumbest people I've ever met were college students. How does that saying go? Something like if you are not a liberal at 19 you have no heart, if you are a liberal at 40 you have no brain. Its something like that anyway.
    Last edited by SIXTO; August 4th, 2010 at 02:59 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    I thought you were going to open carry right by her.

I'm not criticizing you for remaining concealed. Just with all the OC Starbucks going on, I thought that's where the story was headed.

She thought she would "know"... I am continually amazed at how stupid humans can be.
    OC is a no-go in Florida. If OC were an option, that would have been funny.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links