Anyone else get worried about this?

This is a discussion on Anyone else get worried about this? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been following the shooting at the beer distributor in Connecticut the past few days at work. Horrible situation, I feel bad for the families ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else get worried about this?

Anyone else get worried about this?

I've been following the shooting at the beer distributor in Connecticut the past few days at work. Horrible situation, I feel bad for the families of those who died. Regardless of what provoked it, whether or not race was involved, etc., reading comments that readers leave on the major news websites honestly worry me. I understand that many people are against firearms of all sorts, but it still amazes me that there is such a large group that wants every single firearm to be melted down and the public to be disarmed. They think this will honestly solve the problem...but will peace, love, and a nice big hug really stop the BG with a gun the next time something like this happens (God forbid)?

Has anyone else been bothered by this? And what can we do to show that responsible citizens can be armed without causing any problems (and not let these inherently evil people ruin it for everyone else who follows the rules)?

2. Remove Ads

It must be a regional thing. When we had something similar at the ABB plant here in St. Louis, most comments on the local stltoday site were pro-gun. Many of those who commented indicated the only way for the victims to have had a chance was for them to have been armed at the time of the attack.

it bothers me too how some people think taking the guns away will stop violence. just recently 2 guys from out of the area were walking to a friends house after attending a cleveland indians game and were jump by 5-6 guys and beaten within inches of their lives. one suffered a skull fracture from getting kicked in the head repeatedly. he has bite marks on his arm from one of the thugs trying to get him to drop his car keys. maybe we should take away shoes and teeth!!

Keep in mind, too, that there's nothing scientific about the distribution of posted comments, and they often bear little or no resemblance to the predominant public opinion. Source media also makes a big difference, and, as Grady said, regional trends, as well as the fact that they're knee-jerk reactions to a sensational story.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Guy gets caught stealing beer from his employer - on video. He was sacked. In fact, they offered him the option of "resigning" , so nothing bad would be on his record. Pretty decent of them. Nothing "racial" about it.

Sadly, his family threw the race card down on the table, demeaning every honest person - black, white, brown, red, or other - in the process. There is no record of complaints to management about racial issues. If he had been harrassed over his melanin level, he should have filed a complaint. No business I know would tolerate that in this day and age. Even his union refused to back him up.

I wish these murder/suicide types would start with the suicide before they go to the murder part. Lots of innocent people would be spared. Now, his family is going to make sure he's remembered as a real asshat as well as a murderer.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Standard media "knee-jerk" reaction.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Standard media "knee-jerk" reaction.
    ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

They round up all the usual suspects -- correction: "They roll out all the usual mantra chanting anti-RKBA talking heads."
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

It is really sad that every time a crime is committed, with a gun, it's the gun's fault. Mainstream media is not to be trusted. Past history as well as current events (like Austrailia) prove the lack of guns by honest citizens does nothing for crime rates and may actually increase crime. Honest, responsible gun owners can not and should not assume the cry for gun control represents much more than a fraction of the people. We must all hang together and respectively refuse to "drink the Koolaid" of anti gun propganda. Ask someone why Japan elected not to invade the USA during WW2. I fear my federal government and the liberals who support the insane path it's currently taking. Like the man said" From my cold........."
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lambo969 View Post
    I've been following the shooting at the beer distributor in Connecticut the past few days at work. Horrible situation, I feel bad for the families of those who died. Regardless of what provoked it, whether or not race was involved, etc., reading comments that readers leave on the major news websites honestly worry me. I understand that many people are against firearms of all sorts, but it still amazes me that there is such a large group that wants every single firearm to be melted down and the public to be disarmed. They think this will honestly solve the problem...but will peace, love, and a nice big hug really stop the BG with a gun the next time something like this happens (God forbid)?
    Has anyone else been bothered by this? And what can we do to show that responsible citizens can be armed without causing any problems (and not let these inherently evil people ruin it for everyone else who follows the rules)?
    Don't worry.

The perp wasn't a disgruntled white guy or teenager , and he didn't use an evil "assault weapon".

Therefore the Antigunners won't get as much mileage in the Liberal Media.

But join the NRA if you haven't yet - we'll leave the light on for ya....

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

I just wonder what they will say when it comes out during the investigation of something like this that "X" number of the victims tried love and non violent conflict resolution and got blown away, and then some guy with an illegally carried weapon drops the dirt bag and puts an end to the carnage.........
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

It doesn't worry me at all.

The fact is there is a huge tsunami of pro gun sentiment sweeping America. I don't know when anti gun sentiment lost it's momentum but I'm sure it happened during the last five to ten years. The bottom line is the public at large has decided that the right to own a gun for self defense is important to them personally and they aren't going to let any person or any government entity take that right away. Look at how many states have become "shall issue". Look at the Supreme Court Heller decision and the decision in Chicago. The anti house of cards is coming down.

Of course there will always be antis just like there will always be people who think there should only be electric cars.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

Im with MadMac why cant these losers just off themselves quietly at home? Taking a bunch of strangers with you for the dirt nap is just cruel. In my area there was a shooting at a mall during Christmas time lots of shoppers were killed and if just one them had been armed the situation could have resluted in fewer casulties period!

Knee-jerk reaction. How many of you want to bet that some of those employees are Pro-gun now? everyone is anti until they release they may need to defend their lives...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    Knee-jerk reaction. How many of you want to bet that some of those employees are Pro-gun now? everyone is anti until they release they may need to defend their lives...
    Touche.

Totally agree. What hacks me off is one person commits a tragic crime with a gun involved and you have anti SCREAMING to take all guns away from law abiding citizens who can legally own and carry them.

Don't discount the fact that a HUGE portion of the population are either clueless (stupid) or clueless (uninformed and ignorant). They couldn't tell you who the vice president was if their life depended on it let alone anything about the Constitution or what the Bill of Rights are. I'm not being derogatory or flip, I'm totally serious. We have a large population of really dim people.

Just watch any episode of Jay Leno or Dave Letterman when they go out on the street and ask random people very basic and elementary questions regarding our system of government, or any other issue.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links