My concealed permit will now be useless.....

This is a discussion on My concealed permit will now be useless..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Play chess at all?.....There must be another move....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My concealed permit will now be useless.....

Play chess at all?.....There must be another move.

2. Remove Ads

Sorry it happened to you but I am sure with your skills things will soon be better than ever.
    Philip L. McCleary
    Security via CCW
    and a lot of practice
    Dispatchers have the best jobs
    we tell the police where to go and they have
    to do it. Policy manual says so.

de N4LNE

Quote Originally Posted by ENSANE1970
    I wish I could hit them with an unemployment claim. The only problem is, I was working as a sub-contractor, so I'm screwed in that regard Anyone hiring a mechanic in northern SC? LOL
    Did they take out taxes and such or was everything done via 1099?

Good luck bro'.....

Isn't there laws for this type of crap ?

same thing happened to me a couple of years ago , sorry to hear it dude , but try to find anytihng before you sell the guns , good luck , and sorry again.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lowe
    Did they take out taxes and such or was everything done via 1099?

Nope no 1099 I just found out, via a phone call from a concerned friend, that I wasn't on the books and that rumor has it, they don't even have a business license. I'll find out more on Monday. I wonder now if they even have insurance, in case someone gets hurt on the job.By the way thanks for all the moral support all, it makes me proud to be a member of such a fine group.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

Nope no 1099 I just found out, via a phone call from a concerned friend, that I wasn't on the books and that rumor has it, they don't even have a business license. I'll find out more on Monday. I wonder now if they even have insurance, in case someone gets hurt on the job.By the way thanks for all the moral support all, it makes me proud to be a member of such a fine group.
    Well, did your paycheck stubs show any taxes taken out? Or did they pay cash?

IF they withheld taxes, but didn't pay anything, they could be in deep do-do. If they don't have a business license, they could be in deep do-do, whether they paid you in cash or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lowe
    Well, did your paycheck stubs show any taxes taken out? Or did they pay cash?

IF they withheld taxes, but didn't pay anything, they could be in deep do-do. If they don't have a business license, they could be in deep do-do, whether they paid you in cash or whatever.

They paid cash, that's what they "preferred" I tried to get them to pay in a check. I just got the we're working towards that. The more I sit back and think, you know hindsight is 20/20, something isn't right about that whole situation, it stinks not having a job, but it may be good I'm away from that place. Oh and one thing I forgot to mention, I found out recently, this moron boyfriend of hers, is a regular drug user and he carries a gun.

NRA Member

Assistant Administrator
    Ensane - having now learned much more about all this - all I can say is. Suck this up short term and view it as perhaps a blessing in disguise. There seems much wrong - or if you like - not much right, with that place of employment (?exploitation?).

Hopefully without too much time suffering being jobless, you will find way better, settle in and then again be able to have your carry piece restored. Might be a lean month or two ahead but - just has to finish up better than what went before.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

They paid cash, that's what they "preferred" I tried to get them to pay in a check. I just got the we're working towards that. The more I sit back and think, you know hindsight is 20/20, something isn't right about that whole situation, it stinks not having a job, but it may be good I'm away from that place. Oh and one thing I forgot to mention, I found out recently, this moron boyfriend of hers, is a regular drug user and he carries a gun.
    If he's a regular drug user, I wouldn't be surprised if he's carrying without a permit. Something you might want to keep in mind. Frankly, if I was in your spot, and down to my last concealble gun, I'd find something else to sell and save the gun for self-defense.

But that's just me. Good luck with finding a job. I know EXACTLY where you're coming from. Unfortunately that is.

Believe it or not Al he has his concealed permit, but chooses to carry open, he's a power trip kind of guy. I have no problem with carrying open, but not with his mindset. Hey you have to take a drug test to get a job maybe one before you're issued a permit. Actually I take that back, there doesn't need to be more red tape in the process. Just because this loser is a permit holder, he doesn't represent the majority, of us responsible citizens.

NRA Member

Believe it or not Al he has his concealed permit, but chooses to carry open, he's a power trip kind of guy. I have no problem with carrying open, but not with his mindset. Hey you have to take a drug test to get a job maybe one before you're issued a permit. Actually I take that back, there doesn't need to be more red tape in the process. Just because this loser is a permit holder, he doesn't represent the majority, of us responsible citizens.
    That's too bad. Of course, if he should just happen to get arrested for drug possession, that would probably cost him his permit.

Yes, there is already too much red tape for getting a permit. But when you see guys like that, you sometimes wish there were more.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    ENSANE: It won't help, I know, but trust me, things happen for a reason. I also had a bad stretch economically several years ago. Really bad for me. I sold all but two of my guns. I kept plugging away and have been able to get back on my feet and am better off now than before. You'll look back on this one day and also be better off if you look ahead, not back. None of this helps financially now. I'm truly sorry you have to go through this. You have a marketable skill, so maybe you can bounce back soon. Good luck and use the forum to vent. We're all pulling for you.

Definately sounds like a blessing in disguise to be out of that place.

You have some good skills that are in demand, I bet in no time you will be earning more than you ever did there.
    First rule of a gunfight: Carry a gun

Ensane,

Sorry to hear about what has happened with your job and income, I hate to hear good people going through crap like that.

Several posters have already suggested that at some point in the future, you will be able to look back on this from another job that is better. The future is always full of unopened doors, all waiting for the right time and place to be opened. Attitude is everything, keep yours positive and you will be rewarded.

As bad as you think things are right now, they can always be worse, and they can always get better. I offer the following, not to talk about myself, but to illustrate what I mean: Three years ago, I hit a deer while riding my Harley. The injuries were extensive, pretty much broke the entire right side of my body. Things looked bleak for a while, especially when the doctors didn't know if they could save my leg or not. With support from family and friends, I kept a positive attitude and thanks to a lot of help from wonderful doctors, everything worked out over time. Nothing is the same as it was, but I'm still walking and talking and enjoying the sunrise every day !

Two weeks ago, a mass was removed from my left side, the lab results came back with dreaded news.... cancer. In spite of the upcoming treatments and everything associated with cancer, my attitude is the same.... I'm still walking and talking and enjoying the sunrise every day !

I am sure that things will get better for you. This might sound corny, but when you are feeling low, get up early, grab a hot cup of coffee and go outside to watch the sun come up.... works for me every time !

Good luck with your job search.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links