My concealed permit will now be useless.....

This is a discussion on My concealed permit will now be useless..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; DaveT, you are a very stong person, I wish you the best. Ensane, Hang in there, things "will" work out. If nothing else this might ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My concealed permit will now be useless.....

DaveT, you are a very stong person, I wish you the best.

Ensane, Hang in there, things "will" work out. If nothing else this might teach you to put yourself in a better financial position in the furture and not have to rely on a J-O-B (just over broke) in order to survive for a few months when things get tough like this.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

2. Remove Ads

Bummer story, man. Hope you find another job fast.

Probably the cheapest reliable gun you can get when you can afford it is the Hi-Point, ~$120 NEW. A good stepping stone to something better.

Not pretty, clunky, but they go BANG when you need it. Some have trashed it, base on price probably, but it has an enthusiastic following at http://hipoint.7.forumer.com/

I had one for a truck gun for a short while; always went BANG, and reasonably accurate. I didn't sell it because of any faults.

A couple other thoughts: would a friend loan you a weapon?

It is a good idea to live and eat REALLY cheap for as long as it takes to put a couple of months living money in the bank for when the SHTF - could be injury, illness, who knows? I understand some people don't have enough income to do that. Please don't think me condescending or critical: I'm looking ahead, not back. Just remember, THIS money is not for guns

You could look up job interview skills on the 'net or in the library. There are a lot of little things that can make a difference. Attitude, dress, how to present your best side, how to deal with the fact you were fired (trashing your previous employer often does not go over well). Have at least one character reference ready, and one who knows your work. Is there someone (a tech?) at your last job who can speak well of you, and might also be able to explain some of the circumstances.

Good luck, and stay positive.

C

los
    There's ALWAYS a Positive,..out of a negative. Keep your Head up and your eye's opened. Good things happen to Good Guys!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Thanks again all, for your kind words and support, but I had to do what I tried to avoid. I just got back from the gunshop, I frequent, and sold my last "sidekick". I fealt naked coming home, I'm gonna have to sleep with some of my holsters tonight, so I can feel close to my, "lost buddies". Oh well you gotta do what you gotta do. Kind of a funny side note, before I left the gunshop (I just had to window shop, before I left) they had already tagged my gun and placed it in the used case. Not 5 minutes past and this little kid is looking in the case and points at my beloved 9mm and said "hey dad look at this one". I had to smile to myself, that kid's got good taste.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Another "been there, got let go" chiming in. It will probably take a little while, but I can almost guarantee that you will look back on this as a good thing.

Don't know about where you are in SC, but everyplace I've ever lived mechanics don't have problems finding jobs. Or once you've gotten back on your feet, start your own place. There is a lot to be said for being your own boss.

Keep the chin up and believe in your abilities...the grass will be greener somewhere else.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Damm bud hope things improve , myself i think i would have sold the TV , wife's wedding rings , living room set , ect.. and maby rented the kids out as lawn munchkins before i sold off my carry guns lol
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Just keep your chin up, things will get better.

I don't mean to bring up any religious ideas but, I am a Christian, I just wanted to say, "When God closes one door, He will open another". That's the way I look at things.

As for that shop, sounds like getting canned was a blessing in disquise even if it doesn't look like it now. When a shop pays cash, it is normally a front for something else (not all the time but a good percentage). The guy sounds like a loose cannon, as in, what may happen if she did dump him, then he comes back, drugged up, and starts to shoot up the place? If he knew that you carried, you may have well been the first taken out, then the women.

Also, if he had that much dislike for you, and he uses drugs, it may have been just a matter of time before he "offed" you and then said that you pulled on him first (or something like that).

If I know someone is a drug user (illegal and some legal) I don't want to be around them, work or not, if they have firearms. Especially if they like to power trip and have a chip on their shoulder against me.

Wayne

VIP Member
    Sorry to hear the unexpected inconvenience, but your skills and tools will see you through. When you get up and running, pm me if you want wholesale pricing on something to carry.

DaveT, great attitude. You’re a fighter. I know a bio-chemist who has helped some seriously terminal folks beat the odds. Pm me if you’d like more info.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Keep fighting brother. You'll find some work. A good mechanic is hard to come by nowadays. Even if you have to do 4 tires and an alignment to get by, I know you can get something!

My best to you guy. You have skills that are certainly sellable.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Man, that sucks!
    Hope your luck turns around and soon!

Thanks again all, just got back from an interview, that didn't go well. They didn't want to pay any money, came home a little down. I decided to bring up this site and read, again through all the words of encouragment offered. You don't know how much, you all help cheer me up, just goes to show how great a community this is.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links