My concealed permit will now be useless.....

This is a discussion on My concealed permit will now be useless..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Due to some crappy front office politics, I was let go from my job. I'm, as a result down to one gun and I'm gonna ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My concealed permit will now be useless.....

Due to some crappy front office politics, I was let go from my job.
    I'm, as a result down to one gun and I'm gonna have to sell that to pay some bills.
    Sorry about the rant, but due to someone stabbing me in the back at work, I now won't have the abilty to protect mine and my own.
    The irony of the whole thing, is the day I was let go, I came home to find the paperwork to apply for my NH non-resident permit.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

Assistant Administrator
    Oh my that sucks bigtime, really does.

I can but hope the situation is very temporary and you can get fixed up in short order and again be armed.

No way even to have some old beater gun as an interim - just to have something.? Good luck.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Man, I am so sorry. I really do not like a lot of the business practices and office politics right now. Get down there and take out unemployment so their rates go up. Take care and find better people to share your skills with.

Quote Originally Posted by ltc-usa
    Man, I am so sorry. I really do not like a lot of the business practices and office politics right now. Get down there and take out unemployment so their rates go up. Take care and find better people to share your skills with.

I wish I could hit them with an unemployment claim. The only problem is, I was working as a sub-contractor, so I'm screwed in that regard Anyone hiring a mechanic in northern SC? LOL

NRA Member

Administrator
    You're an auto mechanic.
    Brother you are a valuable guy to know and with good skills.

Go out & start knocking on doors...I'll bet you'll have a new & BETTER job inside of two weeks.

i agree with QKshooter, theres always cars and trucks breaking down or needing a tune up. i hope ur situation really get's better soon!

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    Around here they're offering free jackets to diesel techs who just come in for a job interview.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

I am so sorry about your troubles. I'm sure you'll be back at it again in no time. So what exactly happened at work?

VIP Member
    Sorry to hear that. Look at it as an opportunity to find a better place to work that came upon you quickly. (OK, that's cheesy, but it's the best I've got)
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Sorry to hear that seems the Job Market is bad everywhere

Dog
    I was in your situation a few years ago, sold the gun to pay bills. You will regret it everyday until you can afford another and it may take sometime to get thefunds all at one time again. My suggestion is try to find some odd jobs from friends or family, tree trimming, lawn service, etc. or around here there are tons of day labor services that are always looking for laborers and you would still have time to search for another job. Don't let your pride get in the way of keeping yourself with the same life style, it happens to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerfanXD
    I am so sorry about your troubles. I'm sure you'll be back at it again in no time. So what exactly happened at work?

Well what happened was the woman who owns the shop, her boyfriend is involved with the business. I posted a thread, recently about this guy and how it scares me he carries a gun. Anyway he's an armchair warrior, he sits on his a$$ allday doing nothing, except smoke cigarettes, yet he always has money in his pocket. All he does when he needs money is to hold his hand out to his girlfriend. After 3 weeks straight of me not making a decent paycheck, I had to say something, maybe if the shop didn't have to support this loser, she could afford to pay us more. I didn't say it this way of course, but felt like it. As usual women who let someone like him mooch off them, sided with him. He knows I don't care for him or others like him, he's been looking for an excuse to get me fired for 6 months, well he finally suceeded. He must have been nagging her about it all weekend, because when I came in for work, he said I needed to get my toolbox out of there, by Friday. I told him I would have it moved as soon as I had the money, (as it cost's quite a bit to have a box that size moved,) to which he replied, just get the money from your fiancee. Just a response one would expect, from a mooch loser.

NRA Member

Karma is a powerful force. He'll get his...and karma owes you a better job and then some. Good luck, I hope things work out in a quick way!

I wish you the very best - always keep in mind - as strange as it sounds there will be some point in the future when you will look back upon this short episode in you life and be grateful that it actually happened.

My father was still in intensive care following open heart surgery - his boss of three decades visited him and told him he no longer had a job - he worked at a Catholic hospital - nice folks, huh.

Keep your chin up and don't confuse a poor business decision with your value to others. You know you were worth more than they were paying you anyway.

ENSANE1970 - I have always believed "what goes around comes around". I've seen it in action for too long to doubt. Karma.

You have great tools I bet - take and put them to work somewhere you'll be appreciated. Good luck - you'll do great! Good Karma!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links