I can't believe it!! CCW & wife

This is a discussion on I can't believe it!! CCW & wife within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife is taking a CCW class!! She has always been very supportive of me and our rights, but said it was never for her. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe it!! CCW & wife

I can't believe it!! CCW & wife

My wife is taking a CCW class!! She has always been very supportive of me and our rights, but said it was never for her. Now one of our mutual friends a female wanted to get hers but did not want to go to the class alone. My wife volunteered to take it with her. I have been asking her for years to do it but it took a simple request from a younger friend to make it happen. There is a million reasons I could be upset with why she didn't do it for me, but who cares for what ever reason she needed the results are the same. Now she swears she is only going to take the class not actually get the permit, but hell she said she would never take the class. Can't win the war in one battle!!

2. Remove Ads

Congrats, but keep on her about getting the permit, then you'll have to get her to carry once in a while, then graduate to carrying AMAP.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

GM
    Congrats, you are a lucky guy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Well hopefully the instructor will give her some good examples of why she should carry and make her realize that as long as she obeys the four rules of safe gun handling there is no danger to her or her friends/family. MAybe once she learns a little more about how to carry and why to carry she will decide to get the permit and start carrying.

Congrats to both of you. My wife is waiting on the call from the Sheriff's Dept to turn in her paperwork! Now I'm shopping for purses, women's gear, and asking female related questions on here though. It's all good. She's shopping around for gear too.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Sounds similar to how 2 or more women will accompany each other to the "powder room". What remains to be seen is what she does with it long term. I understand your frustration. My wife is now considering getting hers only at the request of her female cousin that wants to take the class but not go alone, & asked my wife to join her. Even though my wife would not join me when I took my class, nor consider my requests since then for her to take the class, but out pops her cousin with the request, & "BAM" .... she's in ... go figure.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Sometimes women/wives listen better to the exact same suggstions that their men/husbands have made as long as it comes from someone else.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Congrats on getting this far. My wife took awhile but after taking the course, she came home and sent it in the next day. She's been carrying since.
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Took my wife the first 32 years of our (almost) 39 years together to get her permit.
    Don't worry about past battles (you pick 'em anyway) you want to win the war, and it sound like you are.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

When she gets gets the certificate from the class you could fill out the application for her and then she could just sign it and you can send it in. After that its just renewals to keep it. One day she will change her mind and there it is.
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Tell her just because she gets the permit doesn't mean she has to carry a firearm, but she has that option. No permit, no option.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

It's kinda like the bathroom thing,One sits while the other one plays lookout,It's in there Genes
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Talking Update

Well the surprises keep coming! She is in the class and I am receiving texts how much fun it is. The instructor is former Detroit PD that was detailed to the Mayors EP (Archers not the thug). He has actually used his weapon off duty to stop a car jacker (yes BG 0, GG 1), I think this instils confidence in my wife talking with someone that has had it actually happened to them. That even a big strong guy can be a potential victim. He pretty much has her sold on getting the permit on the basis you never know when they just might stop giving them out.Photo0257.jpg Even sent me this pic from 10ft. I told after the class and to pick one she likes (fingers crossed). Will keep you posted.

Sounds great, keep us posted and stay positive with her after the class, let her have a hand in picking out her weapon. It took me almost 6 years to talk my wife into it and her permit should be back any day.

Pistology 101......this is my pistol, this is my gun, this is for fightin', this is for.........O nevermind. lol
    SLED Certified CWP Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, Range Safety Officer, NRA Recruiter, Affiliate Instructor Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network, member NRA,USCCA,GOA,GrassRootsSC.
    Be Safe,
    Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links