Of all the silly.....

Of all the silly.....

This is a discussion on Of all the silly..... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, so I picked up a new LCP at a big box store attached to a mall this morning. After all the paperwork was finished ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Of all the silly.....

Of all the silly.....

Ok, so I picked up a new LCP at a big box store attached to a mall this morning. After all the paperwork was finished the salesman said "make sure to give the green tag to the girl at the front door on your way out." Having come in the mall side like always (much better parking) I asked if I could give the green tag to someone at that checkout. The sales man said, "The mall will not allow that so we can't let you." I said ok, how about I just put it in my pocket? He said he was sorry and due to the malls fear of a shooting spree they would not allow it. So I went around and moved my car and carried the gun out the front door. I just think it is silly as all hell that I can't carry a .380 out of the store in to the mall. I guess it is a good thing that the mall ninjas didn't know about the full size 1911 and three 8 round mags on my belt! How can people be so stupid?

Because it makes people FEEL safer....not that they have safety in mind....its real and perceived liability.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Because it makes people FEEL safer....not that they have safety in mind....its real and perceived liability.
    I know, it's just so silly it makes my teeth hurt!

They have no idea about anything, they just follow instructions. Just like zero tolerance, it eliminates the need for thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Guantes View Post
    They have no idea about anything, they just follow instructions. Just like zero tolerance, it eliminates the need for thinking.
    Boy thats the truth!

When I was getting released from the hospital after getting my broken nose fixed, I had spoken to the Dr so I knew I was getting released and had the paperwork pre done. I got dressed and was at the elevator when the floor nurse spotted me. I thought she was going to tackle me to put me in the wheel chair. Trying to be amicable, I sat in the chair for the trip to the downstairs door.

Why not just walk out the door put the gun in your pocket and walk right back through the store ?

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Why not just walk out the door put the gun in your pocket and walk right back through the store ?
    Derp! How did I not think of that? Man that would have been the thing to do. You win smart points for the day.

GM
    They are sellers, and usually they do not have an idea about anything. They strictly follow instructions because they are aware that if they start to argue with someone they will most probably lose.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The store may have to follow mall rules, but you on the other hand....
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

That seems really weird. How can they keep you from walking through the mall doors? That green tag?

This is the same mind set as the health inspector in Multnomah County Oregon that shutdown a lemonade stand operated by a seven year old girl because she didn't have a $120 license for a "temporary restaurant".

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/05...nd/?test=faces

Eat the tag.

Ha! I do wonder what they would have done if I would have just stuck the thing in my pocket and walked out. I can't really see them trying to use force, all they could really do is ban me from the store. It wasn't that big of deal, but I just thought it was stupid.

MD, you did the right thing. The object is to go on about your business armed, not to cause a ruckus. Your original solution was mature and intelligent. And you won, didn't you? You got to do what you wanted.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links