Smart Carry And Overalls

This is a discussion on Smart Carry And Overalls within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anybody have experience with this? I carry a G26 most of the time.Comfort?Tolerable? I usually pocket carry,but the material and excess size of overall pockets ...

Thread: Smart Carry And Overalls

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Smart Carry And Overalls

Anybody have experience with this? I carry a G26 most of the time.Comfort?Tolerable? I usually pocket carry,but the material and excess size of overall pockets lets the gun flop around with all my pocket holsters,whether leather or fabric type holster.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Access would be quite easy!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Having owned and used a smartcarry myself, I know that it would be very comfortable to wear in the way you want. The only drawback to wearing it with Bib-Overalls would be an very low possibility of the weapon coming out of the holster during some kind of extreme gymnastic type maneuver. Normally, your belt/waistline of your pants would prevent this, but the bibs dont have that.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeanda45 View Post
    Having owned and used a smartcarry myself, I know that it would be very comfortable to wear in the way you want. The only drawback to wearing it with Bib-Overalls would be an very low possibility of the weapon coming out of the holster during some kind of extreme gymnastic type maneuver. Normally, your belt/waistline of your pants would prevent this, but the bibs dont have that.
    I agree.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I have a "Smartcarry" and overalls.

I guess there could be a concern if you're doing some sort of gymnastics routine. But, at 50yrs old those days are over.

I dress extremely comfortable now-a-days; and the "Smartcarry" system works great when wearing sweats, gym shorts an lounge pants. It also works well when I wear overalls while working an my place and driving my tractor & atv.

Stealth Holster Company (they have a sponsor ad if ya look towards the top here) I was just looking at their website and then saw your post. They have what looks like a smart carry holster, but have a retention system built in. They claim you can hold the smart carry upside down, and your gun will stay secure (they show a picture of their guy doing it with some sort of revolver). Just a thought. Next time I buy it will probably be the one from Stealth Holster.

Gee you young guys sure make it hard on your selfs,, for bib's best thing to do is find a good quality leather holster with thumb break sew it into the back face just behind the watch pocket are of the bib, put in pistol and go forth, done it for years, the natural good ole boy stance with hands inside of bibs and holding straps places hands right where you need them

OK - unless you are a railroad engineer, a diesel mechanic or a famer on-the-job, you should never wear bib overalls. Really.

If you do anyway, you're already making a statement that you really don't care how you look, so you may as well strap a big ol' gunbelt around the outside, cinch it up, and carry OC. No one would give it a second thought.

VIP Member
    Oh yeah, don't forget overalls "scream gun"!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

i wear bib overalls in the winter at work cause i work outside and hate being cold!! when i carry my glock 27 i just use my super tuck deluxe or alabama holster hooker appendix carry holster and rock on! rock on! but i leave my bibs on all day due to being in and out of the cold!! i dont print with my super tuck or hooker holster with just a t shirt so i know i wont print in bibs!! stay safe, later
    The only way to beat Violence, is with Violence!

Links