*Video* The Concealed Carry Protocol

This is a discussion on *Video* The Concealed Carry Protocol within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Are you new to concealed carry? Have you been carrying a gun for a while now? Or even for a couple of decades? Here is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Video* The Concealed Carry Protocol

Exclamation *Video* The Concealed Carry Protocol

Are you new to concealed carry? Have you been carrying a gun for a while now? Or even for a couple of decades?

Here is a very down to earth and matter of fact video presenting what a person should consider as a ccw permit holder and discusses many of the dilemma's you might face as a ccw holder.

One of the things all of us who carries a gun tend to speak about to new people is doing that required look at our inner self and searching your soul to determine if you should be carrying a gun in the first place. Understanding that responsibility and what it means.

I think this video does a very good job at providing a "concealed carry primer" worthy of posting here! Say what you will about Nutnfancy, I think he hit this one outta the park!

For those who have never heard of Nutnfancy, he has a YouTube channel where he does independent reviews of as he says... "dangerous things." Gun reviews, knife reviews as well as outdoor and tactical adventure gear. He has a lot of followers as well as a few detractors. But the man is honest, works hard at presenting this information and in my opinion does a good service with his reviews.

I will say, I recommend this video. If you get any valuable information from it, I recommend you check out some of his other videos, especially the ones he mentions specifically in this video. He links directly to them in this video. Just click on the red box within the screen. But watch this video completely first.

It's 45 minutes in length so as Grady would say... "you might want to bring a sandwich."

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

2. Remove Ads

He's pretty good for reviews, especially if you have an hour to blow.

I'll check it out later if I'm trying to kill some time. Nutnfancy is nothing if not prolific. Personally, I find his reviews a bit tedious and long-winded. I get more from culling through snippets or personal opinions here and other places.

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    You can learn more about being a Master Handgunner in 10 minutes with Hickok45 than you'll find in 5 hours with Nutnschmancy, who tries to make a franchise out of promoting the "CCW lifestyle." The Hickok45 parody contest is a lot of fun, btw.

Also, per the CC Protocol video, I'd like to say here that his opening that up with the Virginia Tech coward is beyond poor taste. Sorry to be negative, I know that the thought behind all this was meant to be informative.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

Quote Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
    You can learn more about being a Master Handgunner in 10 minutes with Hickok45 than you'll find in 5 hours with Nutnschmancy, who tries to make a franchise out of promoting the "CCW lifestyle." The Hickok45 parody contest is a lot of fun, btw.

Also, per the CC Protocol video, I'd like to say here that his opening that up with the Virginia Tech coward is beyond poor taste. Sorry to be negative, I know that the thought behind all this was meant to be informative.
    I'm not going to get into your whizzing contest with nutnfancy or whoever they are, but I'd like to know about the poor taste comment... Please explain? Were you there...or like some of us here know someone that was there? I thought it was a perfect intro to a concealed carry primer. IE, this is life and this is what happens. Make your decisions carefully.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    I realize the guy is well intended but for Pete’s sake does he ever ramble on before getting to his points. It literally took him five full minutes to get through his introduction and by that time, I got bored and exited the video. Perhaps I just have A.D.D.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

3D
    Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    I realize the guy is well intended but for Pete’s sake does he ever ramble on before getting to his points. It literally took him five full minutes to get through his introduction and by that time, I got bored and exited the video. Perhaps I just have A.D.D.

Gotta agree with you on this one Saber
    . . . . best I could do was 13 min:19 sec!!!!!
    "It is easier to resist at the beginning than at the end"____Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519

Distinguished Member Array shockwave's Avatar
    I'm not going to get into your whizzing contest with nutnfancy or whoever they are, but I'd like to know about the poor taste comment
    Just not a fanboi. Nothing personal.

As to the Vtech killer footage, he could have made his point by simply running the words "Virginia Tech" and "Columbine" in text fade-ins, and then moved on. The gratuitous pictures of the killer keep his face famous - which is what he wanted because it's his own self-shot video. His face and name should be forgotten and when referenced, people should only have a vague memory of a cowardly murderer who died a nobody. Promoting him like this is exactly what he wanted. But nutter wants a cheap emotional score here and goes for the easy pickings. It's bad form and insensitive.
    "It may seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first."

He seems well intentioned but talks in slow circles. Likes to hear himself talk. He reminds me of an accountant or a lawyer who gets paid per hour for their advice.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Nutnfancy is definitely informative and I have looked at his reviews in the past, but I would have to agree on the rambling. GET TO THE POINT ALREADY!! But hey, he is helping educate people in his own little way so good on him!

I heard Dickens got paid by the word... No word yet from Nutnfancy's accountant as to whether the same situation applies to him. The man is nothing if not loquacious. God bless the guy for being pro 2A and a knowledgeable gun enthusiast though, even if his tacticool goofiness borders on mall-ninja status.

+1 vote for Hikok45, he is awesome. Anyone who can hit a 8" metal target at like 100 yards i think? or maybe even longer with a G26 has my vote for president haha but in all seriousness. He has a video about recoil that I really liked. Its backwoods science. He put his Glock level with the bullseye of the target and shot, and you could inaccurately gauge how much recoil there is. It was pretty cool. Not to hijack the thread, sorry guys... but Nutnfancy just rambles. Can't take it sometimes. made it to 17:10 Do I win something?

Ya know... If you're not into what Nutnfancy has to say just Drive On and keep the derogatory comments to yourself. It's rude, shows very poor form, and in my opinion if you can not overlook some of Nutnfancy's short comings about being long winded and maybe a little anal retentive, and see the underlying value of the content presented, then just drive on. Seems like we have a lot of 20 something year old "professional gunfighters" who already seem to know all there is to know about carrying a gun as new members here lately.

This is a forum with over 40,000 members and around 4,500 active members. There are a lot of people who are totally new to firearms, never owned a firearm and for the first time in their life are afraid enough of what they see around them in the world to consider obtaining a ccw permit. There are probably a great number of people who will benefit from the information provided in the video even if he's a little anal retentive.

It's obvious this video is geared towards the complete novice and yes, it's a little wordy and Nutnfancy is long winded and not as concise a speaker as a professional educators such as Ayoob, Clint Smith, Chuck Taylor and the like, but it doesn't mean his information is any less valid or important.

Think you can do better? Throw up a YouTube video and post it here, we'd love to learn from your expert tutelage. Maybe I should have delineated all of Nutnfancy's faults that I find before I posted it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have watched Nutnfancy and Hickok45 on youtube and they are both very different but informative in their own ways. I agree with Bark'n, no need to be rude.

I wish people would learn what the true definition of "brandishing" is before they mislead the public...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links