Finally going to a T-Bones game; Info on Community America Ballpark in Kansas please

Finally going to a T-Bones game; Info on Community America Ballpark in Kansas please

This is a discussion on Finally going to a T-Bones game; Info on Community America Ballpark in Kansas please within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Can anyone tell me if the Community America Ballpark in Kansas is posted? Finally getting to see a T-Bones game this week. Trying to figure ...

Thread: Finally going to a T-Bones game; Info on Community America Ballpark in Kansas please

Can anyone tell me if the Community America Ballpark in Kansas is posted?

Finally getting to see a T-Bones game this week. Trying to figure out if I can CC legally.

Have been over to handgun law.us and from what I can figure out, the place needs to be posted.

In the off limits section, the site discusses recent changes to Kansas law. The quote is:

"-The requirements for “no concealed carry” signage also changed with the passage of HB 2528. In order to bring charges of unlawful concealed carry against a licensee, those properties previously enumerated under K.S.A. 75-7c10 (schools, bars, churches, school & professional athletic events,
    churches, etc.) must now be posted."

Even if the stadium is posted, figured I can leave it in the car based on this:

"12-16,124(b)(4) allows concealed carry licensees to leave their weapon, loaded or unloaded, in their vehicle. Again, the purpose for preempting city and county regulations was to shield licensees from local firearms violations in the event that they removed their weapons from their person while traveling throughout the state. Cities and counties still have the authority to regulate the open carry of firearms “on one’s person.” These local regulations apply to concealed carry licensees as well as the general public."

I have a Missouri permit and just trying to figure out how much of a hassle it will be and spare me some aggravation.

crs, just out of curiosity, do the initials K. C. (other than Kansas City) mean anything to you?
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

OK. I'll bite. Only other KC that jumps to mind is KC and the Sunshine Band.

I would assume you can't based off this I found on my ccw iPhone app.

"Any portion of premises open to the public where alcohol is sold by the individual drink, unless the place qualifies as a restaurant - Illegal"

In MO it probably wouldn't be legal because it seats over 5,000. You'll probably be best off looking it up on the KS attorney general's site.

Edit: it also says not in facilities hosting a professional athletic event. I'd probably leave it in the car rather than argue if minor league counts as professional. ;-). Have fun, T-Bones games are a good time.

I believe it the stadium is posted.
    The alcohol restrictions have been eased with the passage of new legislation over the last two years.

Sponsored Links