is your name in the CC database now on the internet?

This is a discussion on is your name in the CC database now on the internet? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ECHOONE There are just so many reason for leaving NY State,Pity it has such beautiful Upstate country but man am I glad ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: is your name in the CC database now on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by ECHOONE View Post
    There are just so many reason for leaving NY State,Pity it has such beautiful Upstate country but man am I glad I moved to FL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What? you don't miss the snow and the high taxes? My wife spends 3 months up here - I'd rather be back in FL - even in the summer

2. Remove Ads

I believe that Law Enforcement can tap into a database I do not belive there is an actual one or haven't seen one, but this is what is said about Concealed Permitees.

The names, addresses, and other personally-identifying information of all West Virginia concealed handgun licensees are public records. The virulently anti-gun Charleston Gazette routinely publishes the names of everyone who obtains a concealed handgun license in Kanawha County. Anyone from a nosy neighbor to an abusive ex has the right to see your CHL application in its entirety. WVCDL supports legislation protecting the privacy of CHL holders by prohibiting the public disclosure of the personally-identifying information of CHL holders
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I believe the Cleveland Plain-Dealer has been publishing the names of new concealed carry licensees from Cuyahoga County (Cleveland) ever since the law went into effect in Ohio.

At first, I was outraged. I didn't like the idea that anybody who took the time to read the list could track you down if they wanted to. I was more concerned about theft than anything else.

But you know what? I got to the point that I just plain don't care anymore. It's my right to own guns and carry them concealed. And I will.

As far as theft, the potential thief better hope the hell I'm not home at the time he tries it.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorBob View Post
    there is a link to the database but it only includes 40,000 people who had a permit before the change in regulations. However, the link doesn't seem to work.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...ory=DATABASE01
    Thanks for finding that, and yes, it seems dead.
    Since the 2006 article, about 16000 more permits have been issued (or are in force) in SD. By my rough calculations, we've gone from about 7 1/2% of adults having a permit to just over 9%. Of course, that doesn't mean that all permit holders carry.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

There's no database up here in Wisconsin. Might need concealed carry before a list could be made.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    You just got to LOVE FL. ; )
    H/D
    Amen
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth keystone... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference."
    - GEORGE WASHINGTON

How about your state. Are the data public records available to anyone?
    Kansas data is not available as a Public record.

75-7c06; records related to licenses, disclosure

(d) The attorney general shall maintain an automated listing of license holders and pertinent information, and such information shall be available at all times to all law enforcement agencies in this state, other states and the District of Columbia when requested for a legitimate law enforcement purpose.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links