My Crossbreed Supertuck pix

This is a discussion on My Crossbreed Supertuck pix within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My CBST for my Glock 19 has been ordered....the only thing left to do now is wait.......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Crossbreed Supertuck pix

My CBST for my Glock 19 has been ordered....the only thing left to do now is wait....
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

2. Remove Ads

My CBST sits over my kidney at about 7 o'clock. (I'm left handed.) It took a couple days to break it in, but now I hardly notice it's there. I regularly fall asleep on the couch with the CBST and SA XD sub 9 and only start getting uncomfortable if its a 3 hour nap or longer.

I carry day in and day out (no rules at work to forbid it) with a tucked in shirt and no one the wiser. I was in slacks and a tucked dress shirt and asked a friend to find the gun and he still couldn't.

I LOVE my CBST. And their service is EXCELLENT.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

For the Ladies...

My wife carries her's small of back and has no complaints. Just a thought. I know Limatunes has shown small of back carry and I believe has mentioned it on her website.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Quote Originally Posted by gwhall57 View Post
    Good call on the Crossbreed Super Tuck - most comfortable holster I've ever owned.
    +1 what he said

Quote Originally Posted by limatunes View Post
    It's funny that you should say this. I got my Supertuck yesterday and carried it but it was HORRIBLY UNCOMFORTABLE while driving. Body types being what they are, of course, things are different but I think it's kind of interesting/funny how one person can find something so comfortable while another person finds it very uncomfortable.

The rest of the time, however, it was much more comfortable than i would have originally thought it would be. We'll see what the outcome is after a couple of weeks. I usually just avoid IWB like the plague but I'm giving this holster an honest go at it.

Tala, that's pretty much exactly how I was dressed yesterday and, yes, I found it pretty easy to conceal my G19. I think I will have to try it with something a little more "form fitting" and get the final assessment on its limitations.

Keep us posted. I too avoid IWB as I just don't find it comfortable at all. I much prefer OWB but I would like to try it again for times when I may have to have a tucked shirt, so let us know how it is after a couple weeks. I usually always give holsters a two week window. If after 2 weeks I still can't find the " sweet spot" then they go up for sale.
    Thanks
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Would someone be able to post a side-by-side of the Comp-Tac MTAC and Supertuck?

Here ya go CZ...

I have both for my Glock 26.
    Both are well made.
    The CB is in upgraded ($15) horsehide with standard (non-combat) cut.
    The MTAC looks to have more workmanship on the rear...not sure if that's needed.
    The MTAC retention method is friction. The gun fits in nice & tight, then the retention is strengthened by your belt.
    The CB retention, OTOH, has a "snap" feel to it when you slide the trigger-guard in, it clicks in place, and retention is of course, also strengthened by the belt.
    I prefer CB's comfort and retention.

Thanks JetPlane19.

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Tried a Super Tuck, hated it. The way they positioned the kydex shell allowed the gun's muzzle of my PT709 to protrude past the leather backer, and dig into my side. Got another Mtac this week and it is great.
    You may want to take a peek at the Khoster. I think the PT709 is listed in their "half moon" model, which doesn't have the extra leather protection you are looking for. So, you could order their "full moon" model, and although it's not listed for the PT709, the guy will work with you, no problem. That way you get more leather to work with and you can easily trim away any unneeded extra leather after you have it fitted properly and at least partially broke in. That's what I did with my Glock 17. They cost less than a SuperTuck w/free shipping too. I have two and am very happy I didn't spend the extra money for a SuperTuck.
    Kholster/Glock 17/Rugar SR9c/Bersa 380CC/Ruger LCR/SW 624/ SW 629
    Doublestar Star 15 M4 5.56 / Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader

I don't even call it violence when it's in self defense; I call it intelligence
    Malcolm X

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links