Defensive Carry banner

Introduced a new shooter to Class III yesterday

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Super J 
#1 ·
I thought this was the most appropriate place to put this but if not please move.

Yesterday I was at the range and decided to exercise my UZI. I cut loose with a few bursts, and off course the line goes quiet and people starting ewwwing and awwinng. Its actually fairly annoying sometimes. Anyway this lady comes running over and says "WHAT is that?" I explained to her what it was and she was like "O Can I try please?" I loaded up a mag with about 10 rounds gave her a quick lesson on how to control full auto guns and how to do short bursts. This lady was about 55 years old maybe 100 pounds. I think the bolt of the Uzi weighed more than she did. Anyway, I had her shoot a few on semi so she could see what it felt like, then let her shoot F/A. She shot it at about 15 feet and managed to control it to 3 shot bursts. Her bursts were about a 3 inch spread. She then started jumping up and down and high fiving everybody on the range.

She then stated that she never understood why anybody would own a machine gun but after shooting one she wanted to go out and buy one, and carry one for protection. I told her that she may get a little turned off on the price, and that carrying one for SD was maybe not a good idea.

Anyway just thought I would share, I love changing peopls minds and attitudes when it comes to this stuff!

Just had to tell my story.

See less See more
#3 ·
Definitely a lot more fun when someone else is footing the bill.

#5 ·
She then stated that she never understood why anybody would own a machine gun but after shooting one she wanted to go out and buy one, and carry one for protection. I told her that she may get a little turned off on the price, and that carrying one for SD was maybe not a good idea.
:rofl:

#7 ·
It was very nice of you to let her try it.

Heck...there are parts of Houston that almost require the carrying of one for self defense....but then again I go out of my way avoid those parts of town.
The same happens in Miami. To avoid those areas is the smartest thing to do, but if you turn wrong and you end in one of them then you really with you had at least an UZI for SD

#8 ·
Full Autos can be fun,and I can shoot several different weapons,all I gotta do is supply my own ammo,I usually just practice with my handguns.I reload so the cost is quite a bit cheaper but an M16 can burn thru 100 rounds of ammo in less than 15 seconds

#10 ·
Anyway just thought I would share, I love changing peopls minds and attitudes when it comes to this stuff!
Once the mind is open and a person is simply introduced to the good, clean fun of it all, it's hard to hold a person down. Even a high-fiving, palm-slappin' granny who has just aced a series of 3-shot groups with a full-auto machine pistol.

Kudos on the smooth intro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.