Introduced a new shooter to Class III yesterday

This is a discussion on Introduced a new shooter to Class III yesterday within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thought this was the most appropriate place to put this but if not please move. Yesterday I was at the range and decided to ...

Thread: Introduced a new shooter to Class III yesterday

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

I thought this was the most appropriate place to put this but if not please move.

Yesterday I was at the range and decided to exercise my UZI. I cut loose with a few bursts, and off course the line goes quiet and people starting ewwwing and awwinng. Its actually fairly annoying sometimes. Anyway this lady comes running over and says "WHAT is that?" I explained to her what it was and she was like "O Can I try please?" I loaded up a mag with about 10 rounds gave her a quick lesson on how to control full auto guns and how to do short bursts. This lady was about 55 years old maybe 100 pounds. I think the bolt of the Uzi weighed more than she did. Anyway, I had her shoot a few on semi so she could see what it felt like, then let her shoot F/A. She shot it at about 15 feet and managed to control it to 3 shot bursts. Her bursts were about a 3 inch spread. She then started jumping up and down and high fiving everybody on the range.

She then stated that she never understood why anybody would own a machine gun but after shooting one she wanted to go out and buy one, and carry one for protection. I told her that she may get a little turned off on the price, and that carrying one for SD was maybe not a good idea.

Anyway just thought I would share, I love changing peopls minds and attitudes when it comes to this stuff!

Just had to tell my story.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

It's a good one.

Definitely a lot more fun when someone else is footing the bill.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff F View Post
    Definitely a lot more fun when someone else is footing the bill.
    Exactly what I was thinking...lol

I would however, love a 9mm uzi!
    Guns don't kill people, people kill people...and chimps do, if they have a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    She then stated that she never understood why anybody would own a machine gun but after shooting one she wanted to go out and buy one, and carry one for protection. I told her that she may get a little turned off on the price, and that carrying one for SD was maybe not a good idea.

Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Heck...there are parts of Houston that almost require the carrying of one for self defense....but then again I go out of my way avoid those parts of town.

GM
    I thought this was the most appropriate place to put this but if not please move.

Yesterday I was at the range and decided to exercise my UZI. I cut loose with a few bursts, and off course the line goes quiet and people starting ewwwing and awwinng. Its actually fairly annoying sometimes. Anyway this lady comes running over and says "WHAT is that?" I explained to her what it was and she was like "O Can I try please?" I loaded up a mag with about 10 rounds gave her a quick lesson on how to control full auto guns and how to do short bursts. This lady was about 55 years old maybe 100 pounds. I think the bolt of the Uzi weighed more than she did. Anyway, I had her shoot a few on semi so she could see what it felt like, then let her shoot F/A. She shot it at about 15 feet and managed to control it to 3 shot bursts. Her bursts were about a 3 inch spread. She then started jumping up and down and high fiving everybody on the range.

Anyway just thought I would share, I love changing peopls minds and attitudes when it comes to this stuff!

Just had to tell my story.
    It was very nice of you to let her try it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBang View Post
    Heck...there are parts of Houston that almost require the carrying of one for self defense....but then again I go out of my way avoid those parts of town.
    The same happens in Miami. To avoid those areas is the smartest thing to do, but if you turn wrong and you end in one of them then you really with you had at least an UZI for SD
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Full Autos can be fun,and I can shoot several different weapons,all I gotta do is supply my own ammo,I usually just practice with my handguns.I reload so the cost is quite a bit cheaper but an M16 can burn thru 100 rounds of ammo in less than 15 seconds
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I would however, love a 9mm uzi!
    Had one once upon a time and let it go. Wish I still had it. They are a fun gun.
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Thumbs up

Once the mind is open and a person is simply introduced to the good, clean fun of it all, it's hard to hold a person down. Even a high-fiving, palm-slappin' granny who has just aced a series of 3-shot groups with a full-auto machine pistol.

Kudos on the smooth intro.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    an M16 can burn thru 100 rounds of ammo in less than 15 seconds
    But it feels so good........

HTC Thunderbolt....4G Lightning Speed

Nice story. You made her day!
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Sponsored Links