Moving question

This is a discussion on Moving question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So in the midst of planning this big move and all these weeks of preparation I forgot to address one issue, my firearms. I live ...

Thread: Moving question

Moving question

So in the midst of planning this big move and all these weeks of preparation I forgot to address one issue, my firearms.

I live in Pennsylvania and have my LTCF, this enables me to drive with a handgun in my vehicle. If you don't have a LTCF you can only transport a firearm to and from your residence and your own business, to and from a firing range, and to or from a gunsmith / gun store.

I will be driving the large UHaul truck and the rest of my firearms will be in my car that my dad will be driving, he does not have a LTCF. Is this illegal?

I do not want to put the guns in the moving truck just because it will be filled with large furniture and I feel they will be much more secure in the car.

Do you think I should just put them in the Uhaul with me in the cab? Or will we be within the confines of the law transporting it from home to home?

2. Remove Ads

Check your local laws to verify, but if they are unloaded, in a secure container, and in the trunk of the car he is driving, it should be fine. Again, I'd verify the local law. You could probably call whatever agency issued your permit.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Links