This guy is a real nut!

This guy is a real nut!

This is a discussion on This guy is a real nut! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK< the city of Royal Oaks, (near Detroit) has ammended their policy of banning handguns at an upcoming festival because the gun community rightfully pointed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This guy is a real nut!

This guy is a real nut!

OK< the city of Royal Oaks, (near Detroit) has ammended their policy of banning handguns at an upcoming festival because the gun community rightfully pointed out that Michigans pre-exemption statue does not allow local govrenments to ban carry.
    Link to article:
    http://www.freep.com/article/2010081...-Eats-festival

Then this idiot comes out and writes this article:

http://www.freep.com/article/2010081...ON05/100816046

I so wish I had a subsrciption to this fish wrap of a newspaper so I could cancel it!

Maybe everyone here could flood their email address with letters asking for the authors resignation!

Maybe then there will to be seen on your screen this old guy, with or without banana, being led away in cuffs by police officers of the city that had just recently caved to the carriers of real and loaded handguns that could blow a hole through a child’s head at 200 yards.

Read more: Royal Oak man to bear banana, not gun, at fest | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/2010081...#ixzz0wtQcTrGS
    Oh the drama....they are forgetting the intent is to blow a hole through the body of a gunman at 7 yards
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Florida law says the same thing, state law preempts; local laws in regards to guns (other than waiting times) are "null and void, a point I had to make with a local county attorney about a county ordinance banning firearms in parks.

Clearly the guy wants to make a spectacle of himself. Let him. Send a letter to the editor, It's effective.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Gotta love the Free Press for printing that garbage. Several members of my family have canceled their subscriptions to the paper, and I'll be writing letters to their editor as well as the editors of their competitors regarding the Free Press's one sided reporting of these type of issues (this isn't an isolated incident, the Free Press has made errors of this sort in the past).

So that's 6 newspaper subscriptions they've lost...What's next?

A fruitcake carrying "fruit".

Instead of having him write columns, they should fire him and take what he was paid as revenue.

The author of the article is a reader, not someone paid by the paper. He was also likely not even at the event he was complaining about considering the author is a self proclaimed shut-in.

The issue isn't the article itself, but that the Free Press prints articles and opinions supporting gun control, but refuses to support or print anything showing the other side of the issue thereby defeating the interest of fair reporting.

VIP Member
    The FreePress... It's just sad.

Wait and see. Some 350 pound tacti-cool mall ninja is going to show up in full BDU's, drop-leg holster, boonie hat, and web harness. Guess who's picture the FreePress is going to print. They won't even mention all the other OC or CC people that attend without any issues. They will just fixate on the most outrageous yahoo they can find.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

GM
    That is just rubbish.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    The FreePress... It's just sad.

Wait and see. Some 350 pound tacti-cool mall ninja is going to show up in full BDU's, drop-leg holster, boonie hat, and web harness. Guess who's picture the FreePress is going to print. They won't even mention all the other OC or CC people that attend without any issues. They will just fixate on the most outrageous yahoo they can find.
    Boy I sure hope not. While I am not personally on the wagon for OC, I support anyone's right to do it. I hope those who do OC that weekend are very smart about it. With the push to get this out in public and "desensitize" those who may be wary, we don't need any negative press on any gun issues.

VIP Member
    According to the article, the author WAS a former reported for the Free Press. Yes, that's right, a clearly unbiased journalist only interested in reporting the "facts."

What a tool bag.

Any of our Detroit members want to go draw down on this guy with a zuccini?
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

"If I’m lucky, I will make enough of a spectacle of myself to attract the attention of the ubiquitous television people anxious for some geek story to lead their 10 or 11 o’clock newscasts — there being no serious wars or other issues of regional, national or international import to cover."

Read more: Royal Oak man to bear banana, not gun, at fest | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/2010081...#ixzz0wtnqEXDy

Uh-huh. Nothing else going on anywhere, huh buddy?
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

From the comments to the article: macman01 wrote:
    I can NOT afford to take the chance that my grandson might get caught in the crossfire by these paranoid gun crazed freaks blazing their firearms. We won't be going to the festival anymore. I never witnessed ANY violence at Arts, Beats and Eats and have a hard time plugging into the backwoods mentality that gun rights activist inflect on society. They are bringing their guns with the intention of using them because it is their right. Those nutcases scare me and my family. They are personally responsible for ruining my friends, family, and co-workers plans. Again because it is THEIR right.
    I like this guy. He obviously has an excellent understanding of the intentions of others. Why else would someone bring a gun to a festival but to shoot little kids? It makes sense to me.
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by gruntingfrog View Post
    I like this guy. He obviously has an excellent understanding of the intentions of others. Why else would someone bring a gun to a festival but to shoot little kids? It makes sense to me.
    Have you seen the way little kids act at these things? Some of them need shooting!

Hope someone is there to "outgun" him with a one of those really long English Cucumbers.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Royal Oak man to bear banana, not gun, at fest

BY HARRY COOK

Cook is a long-time resident of Royal Oak, a retired Episcopal priest and a one-time reporter, editor and columnist for the Free Press.

Read more: Royal Oak man to bear banana, not gun, at fest | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/2010081...#ixzz0wu6fckXq,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.".......... Luke 22:36

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links