Pregnant woman draws on you, would you? - Page 3

Pregnant woman draws on you, would you?

This is a discussion on Pregnant woman draws on you, would you? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; COM - and keep firing till threat is no longer a threat....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    COM - and keep firing till threat is no longer a threat.
    I wear a seatbelt, but I hope to never need it, I use smoke detectors in my house, but I hope to never need them, I carry life insurance, but I hope to never need it, I carry a weapon, but I hope to never need it.

bang bang bang as many as it takes to eliminate the threat....

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    A THREAT IS A THREAT AND IT MUST BE NEUTRALIZED.
    +1

You gotta wonder what kind of life this child would have with a crazy mother like that.....
    It's not about the caliber you carry, it's about how you USE it.

Acts 4:12
    (Mohammad Who?)

1988 DIE HARD 2008
    NRA Member

After first reading this scenario, and posting that I would shoot, I thought about it some more. It would not be me that was responsible for the demise of the fetus but the mother that put it in harms way. She would have to go if a threat. Even after thinking 24 hours, I would still take the shot(s).
    ""If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying, I either won't need more or, more won't help me.""

Unfortunately, it's her decision to put her child at risk. I might raise my sights a little and hope the baby lives, but if not . . . it's a terrible thing, but she leaves me no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd
    It doesn't matter about age, race, or gender. A threat is a threat and has to be dealt with in the proper manner.
    Yep. In a recent Gettysburg store robbery, the robbers were 14 & 15 years old . . . pointed a .22 rifle (if I remember correctly) at the owner, who said, "You're kidding, right?" BANG! The kid shot him in the head. Last I heard, the store owner was still in the hospital.

LibertyGal
    Requiring a license makes it illegal to do something that was lawful before the license was required.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Yes, I would shoot. I would, however, do CPR in the hopes that the baby would live, assuming it had reached the age of viability outside of the mother. Since I wouldn't know the gestational age, I'd try to save her. Then again. I'd probably try to save a dirt bag in the same situation (NO mouth to mouthon the dirtbag ).

good god i would hate to have to kill anyone, let alone a 2for1. And ones innocent! That being said, yeah i would have to defend myself. I won't have the time to decide whether or not the bg is just fat or pregnant. COM

Forgot who mentioned it earlier, but imagine having to engage a kid. I mean like 10 or twelve. crappy situation to be in.
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Administrator
    Any math wizard want to compute the exact odds of ever being assaulted at gunpoint by a pregnant female?
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Any math wizard want to compute the exact odds of ever being assaulted at gunpoint by a pregnant female?
    We'd need that dude from Numb3rs on the board here to figure that one out.

VIP Member
    Assuming that pregnancy rates are linear across all demographics based on US pregnancy rates (2%) and female arrest rates (8%) it is about .16% chance that a pregnant woman will commit a violent crime. Somewhat better odds than winning the PowerBall or some other multi-state lottery.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Administrative Ban Array Red Stick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mstarn
    2 to the body and 1 to the head.

Mark
    Same here.
    Mozambique drill. 2 to the chest and 1 to the head.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozambique_Drill

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    Assuming that pregnancy rates are linear across all demographics based on US pregnancy rates (2%) and female arrest rates (8%) it is about .16% chance that a pregnant woman will commit a violent crime. Somewhat better odds than winning the PowerBall or some other multi-state lottery.

And who would have thought the odds of this thread going on and on for 5+ pages?

Administrator

Talking Weeg

You Said:

"And who would have thought the odds of this thread going on and on for 5+ pages?"

Me personally...Ida Never Thunk It!

I've just recently started packing one of those Home Pregnancy tests with me instead of one extra magazine.
    ****** I wanna know fer sure if she's preggers or not!

Pregnant or not, midget or not, black, white, red, brown, purple, whatever....

Put me in a position where I need to use my firearm to protect my life or that of my family and I will put my rounds wherever I deem appropriate to stop the threat.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by gddyup
    Pregnant or not, midget or not, black, white, red, brown, purple, whatever....

Put me in a position where I need to use my firearm to protect my life or that of my family and I will put my rounds wherever I deem appropriate to stop the threat.
    You forgot Space Alien, Humm I wonder just where you would shoot one of them, they could have their brain in their foot and their heart in the heel.LOL
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links