My weeked carrying...

This is a discussion on My weeked carrying... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So this may be an long, inane and boring story for most of you, but overall I had a pretty good weekend with a couple ...

Thread: My weeked carrying...

My weeked carrying...

So this may be an long, inane and boring story for most of you, but overall I had a pretty good weekend with a couple interesting moments.

My girlfriend came back from her college town about an hour and a half away to stay with her parents for the weekend and we decided to have a day on the town Saturday. First things first I got dressed in a pair of cargo shorts and a t-shirt with my M&P .40c IWB in my Supertuck at about 4:00, spare mag in the cargo pocket. Then I went to take the top off my Jeep, she's never had the chance to ride with the top down. Side note, she's also been on a 3-month mission trip to Africa, she just returned two weeks ago.

Drove to her parents place and had some pancakes. Her parents recently found out I carry and are cool with it. She wants to get her CCW sometime, so we planned to spend the morning at the range so she could shoot a little. I let her shoot my M&P which she likes the feel of, but the .40 was a bit much for her, so I rented her the same in 9mm. We looked at a couple others but she decided she likes that one. She also tried my Remington 870 Express with the 18" barrel. She didn't like it as much... There was a nice guy there though that watched me shoot the 870 and then offered to let me try his Taurus Judge. An interesting gun, but I'll stay away from it unless I need a snake gun.

We went back to my place to drop off the 870 and swap out the grip on my M&P with a smaller one for her to feel. Then it was off to lunch and a few random stores waiting for our movie time. Inception is a very good movie by the way, I highly recommend it as long as you like to think a little. Back to my place for a TV movie, then back to hers since she needed to drive back to her apartment.

Sunday I had to miss church in the morning, there was a soccer tournament and they needed help. Put on the M&P as always, put together all my uniforms and stuff and headed off north for the tourney. Got there and they had changed the referee's building, it's bigger and more open, so I didn't really have a decent place to take the gun off. By the way, I'm perfectly legal to carry in the park in case you're wondering. Well eventually I decided to take a risk. There were about 8 guys in the building, I just waited till they didn't seem like they were paying attention, took it off and dropped it in my bag.

My bag always goes with me and stays where a tournament rep can keep an eye on it. M&P aside I have other valuables in there that my now open-air Jeep will not be able to safeguard. Three games and $90 later it's just me and a couple guys left in the ref's area. One of the guys sticks around for forever because he's waiting on a ride, so finally I just mess around in my bag and put the gun on the cargo shorts, then put them on while talking to him and he doesn't notice a thing. Say my goodbyes and weekend over when I make it home.

All in all a great weekend. The girlfriend got a carry piece picked out. She's got a piggy bank fund set up for it and I'll be donating a bit to that. Found out that I can take off and put on a gun in a room full of people and no one notices.

Also found out that taking the top off my Jeep works better than the A/C....
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

2. Remove Ads

yup I have wrangler as well, have had the top and doors off since the end of may

It's a jeep thing, and don't forget to wave!
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Haven't got the doors off yet. I need to move at least one mirror off the door. Technically we're required to have at least a rearview and driver sideview mirror. I don't think I'd get pulled over for it, but you never know. I've also got a lockbox mounted to the floorboard for the places I'm not allowed to carry. Need to replace the bolts with sturdier ones, but even as it is someone would have to try real hard if they wanted it.

And don't worry, I know the wave. Let's hear it for the Jeep thing.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Links