My Haircut/Beauty school

This is a discussion on My Haircut/Beauty school within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to beauty school, hair cuts are 5 bucks, therefore, I spend very little money on a simple cut, win win. But the premises ...

Thread: My Haircut/Beauty school

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

My Haircut/Beauty school

I went to beauty school, hair cuts are 5 bucks, therefore, I spend very little money on a simple cut, win win.
    But the premises say Empire Beauty College. This made me wonder if it was an actual school.
    So I called the Indiana State Police firearms board.
    The Major on the other end was very friendly and told me that unless it is an accredited school K-12 or a state sponsored college carry is allowed.
    He went on further to say that according to Indiana law, the various beauty colleges and hair schools are considered businesses and are not considered to be schools anyway.
    The next thing he asked me was, "Why do you feel the need to carry in a beauty school, are you afraid that one of the girls is going to attack you?"
    I simply replied, "Well sir, I want to carry there because I carry everywhere it is legal."
    "I do not know when someone is going to come in shooting, stabbing people, or will attempt to rob me, so I carry everywhere to always ready."

His reply: "Good, I just asked you that to see your thought process. So many people always say: "I just want to so that I can."
    I wanted to see if you were one of them or not, thanks for thinking your reasoning through."

Final impression, the Major deals with a lot of people who call in and worry him about CC.
    He needed a reassurance that the general public still thinks before they act.
    And I dutifully carried both guns into the beauty school and got my hair cut
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Good due dilligence on your part.

Sounds like a good interaction with the State Police!
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

You do know that all this hassel could have been avoided, right?

Nice to see an official who thinks as well as cares.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    You do know that all this hassel could have been avoided, right?
    Grow braids?

I am curious on how you would have avoided the hassle, assuming that you are not suggesting to leave the guns in the car.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Grow braids?

I am curious on how you would have avoided the hassle, assuming that you are not suggesting to leave the guns in the car.
    I would have never made the call. I don't initiate offical interactions W/ the authorities unless I have absolutely no other recourse.

so i should have just assumed i would be ok, seeing as how google didn't help me?
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    so i should have just assumed i would be ok, seeing as how google didn't help me?
    In Colorado the law is clear K-12 and the beauty college doesn't fall under that, however, you aren't in Colorado.

My rule is that if you ask someone in authority they'll usually tell you no regardless so I know my state laws and I don't ask

PS found this on google it appears to answer your question http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/ar...p/t-61916.html

Obviously the officer that asked "Why would you carry at a beauty school?" has never SEEN what the end results of a learners permit can leave a person looking like.

I can see an angry blue mo-hawk coming back with hate on their minds.

lmao

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Bottom line why should the LEO care what your mindset is. You have a permit and care enough to ask. IMHO he should MHOB.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Ida told him you never know when some beauty school wanta be decides to try out a new fashion to surprise ya,holding a gun on them while cutting your hair cures their artistic thoughts
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links