Massachusetts?

This is a discussion on Massachusetts? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was in Massachusetts last month. Of course, my firearm was unloaded & locked tight till I got outta the state. I know Mass is ...

Thread: Massachusetts?

Distinguished Member

Massachusetts?

I was in Massachusetts last month. Of course, my firearm was unloaded & locked tight till I got outta the state. I know Mass is a "may issue" state but, for some reason, I thought Boston was no carry. No, not necessarily. One needs a Class A license to carry. Also, surprise, one can apply for a nonresident permit with proper credentials. Of course, apply is the key and it must be in person. Anyone know how difficult it is to either get an in state permit or a non resident permit?
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

2. Remove Ads

A few people have said that getting a non-resident permit is a little easier than getting a resident permit. You have to do it in person in Chelsea. A non-resident permit is only valid for one year and it's $100. IMO, that's a ripoff and ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    A few people have said that getting a non-resident permit is a little easier than getting a resident permit. You have to do it in person in Chelsea. A non-resident permit is only valid for one year and it's $100. IMO, that's a ripoff and ridiculous.
    $100 for one year? That's a crime!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    You are right
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

not even worth getting...with how very little I visit mass...
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

To get a Resident Class A LTC, you MUST take a approved handgun safety course, then apply for the LTC within the city/town you reside via your Police Chief or Firearms officer. Once you get an appointment with your Local PD you will be interviewed and then figerprinted, two pasport type pics and then allof it goes to the Ma State Police in Chelsea ma for processing. Usually takes 6-10 weeks for the return of the LTC $100.00 for 5 yrs for residents 100.00 per YEAR for NON-Residents, AND you MUST be Physically present for the interview.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH View Post
    To get a Resident Class A LTC, you MUST take a approved handgun safety course, then apply for the LTC within the city/town you reside via your Police Chief or Firearms officer. Once you get an appointment with your Local PD you will be interviewed and then figerprinted, two pasport type pics and then allof it goes to the Ma State Police in Chelsea ma for processing. Usually takes 6-10 weeks for the return of the LTC $100.00 for 5 yrs for residents 100.00 per YEAR for NON-Residents, AND you MUST be Physically present for the interview.
    Spot on, but not everyone applying for a Class A no restrictions (what's needed to legally conceal) will get one. Alot of towns give Class A hunting and target for first time applicants.

Most non resident permits are now being issued restricted. (no ccw). If you were here with your gun (unless for competition or just passing through) you committed a felony in MA. Be careful. Also no mags more than 10 rounds. If you live in Boston you most likely will not get a ccw permit. Although if you have one from another town it's good anywhere in the state. I see you live in Tucson. I lived their in the 80's. I loved it. I'm sure it's not the same place now.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    not even worth getting...with how very little I visit mass...
    - Unfortunately, that's exactly how I feel. I visit friends about 3-4 times a year.

What a ridiculous state.

Quote Originally Posted by 8plus1 View Post
    Spot on, but not everyone applying for a Class A no restrictions (what's needed to legally conceal) will get one. Alot of towns give Class A hunting and target for first time applicants.
    Yup, exactly what you said above
    I lived in Wilmington for most my Life (got my LTC at 18 with written parental consent) and also had my "Green Card" til I moved north in 1993
    Never had a prblem with issuesance of either one. Now, since I moved North, It's become rediculus in mass. No need of the BS down there, and the hoops you need to go thru.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Links