Front Sight training? Is this guys deals for real? or BS????

This is a discussion on Front Sight training? Is this guys deals for real? or BS???? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just stumpled upon this site.. https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp its gotta be BS right??...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Front Sight training? Is this guys deals for real? or BS????

Just stumpled upon this site..
    https://www.frontsight.com/free-gun.asp

its gotta be BS right??

2. Remove Ads

My brother went there. He's military and was well trained before going to Afghanistan. He went to Frontsight after he got back and has nothing but good to say about the level of professionalism and the quality of training.

He just bought 4 specials and my wife and I just bought 2. Different special than the one you linked to. He's regularly e-mailing various deals to his e-mail list.

Most of the "Gun Training Reports" are good info and/or thought provoking. They are the first place I learned about Situational Awareness (SA) and the color code.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Their 4 day course is worth going to.

I bought their free gun deal, a year and a half ago. I had some hassle trying to get the pistol and didn't get the one I wanted, but I'm happy in the end. I ended up with a Taurus PT1911, instead of the XD .45, that I wanted. I don't regret taking the Taurus, though.

If you were already planning on getting an XD, then I say do it. But, if you'd rather have a different pistol, then sign up for their newsletter and they routinely offer their 4 day course for $500; sometimes for $300 for a first timer.

There are many threads on Front Sight; do a search and you'll find a lot. I think it's highly worth it for the money; I have plans to attend again within 6 months.

Another thing... you never get something for nothing; the pistol isn't free. The other items are a bit exaggerated on their value. For instance, the knife that's valued at $300 can be had for $20. Don't get me wrong, you get what you pay for, for sure.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Just got an Email the 4 day course give during the WEEK only. $69.00

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by HKinNY View Post
    Just got an Email the 4 day course give during the WEEK only. $69.00
    Like is here: https://www.myfrontsight.com/secure/greatest.php but on checking it, it's bumped up to $89. I grabbed a couple at $69 figuring someday I'll be able to get the time to go try it out, and for $69 I can take someone along.

thanks guys, it good to hear it is for real.. I see alot of deals like these on various sites for other things, and they are fake as hell., so it is good to know this one isnt.. I have bookmarked the site and going to sign up for the free emails and stuff.

thanks again..

I was wondering that myself. Glad to hear that it isn't just smoke being blown. I might have to give this a good look see.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Took the 2 day pistol course with my wife last year. We both really enjoyed it. Very professional instructors and excellent lectures. Would love to do it again. I saw his $69 offer but it is during the week (as opposed to the weekend) and I can't afford the time off work.
    Enjoy it.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Isn't there something wrong with the owner? I remember him being brought up on criminal charges (fraud?) regarding his "institution". Also, from what others said, it sounds almost like a "cult".

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk60 View Post
    Isn't there something wrong with the owner? I remember him being brought up on criminal charges (fraud?) regarding his "institution". Also, from what others said, it sounds almost like a "cult".
    Mitch Rapp is my hero (reference to the Vince Flynn novels)

RIP Vince! Going to miss your novels! :(

Ignatius Piazza, the owner, has had some legal troubles. Many who attend his courses say the trainiing is top notch (even some of those who attend say he should be a used car salesman). There are supposedly some ties between him and Scientology (Remember Tom Cruise, jumping up and down on Oprah's couch?).

I have no idea whether any of the allegations are true... he did "settle" one fraud case for $8 or 9 MM.
    And he certainly knows how to work google inquiries. google his name, you'll get 3 pages of hits leading to his site... add the word fraud after his name though, and you'll get some of the negatives about him.

The training may be good... but it does seem pricey... although the $69-89 does truly seem like a bargain.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

I bought two at $69. To get that deal you need to go during the week which isn't a problem for me. You can buy the certificates on Ebay for $125 to $150. I have read like many others the training is excellent but you need to listen to a membership presentation at one of the lunch breaks. Not high pressure though.

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    Their 4 day course is worth going to.

I bought their free gun deal, a year and a half ago. I had some hassle trying to get the pistol and didn't get the one I wanted, but I'm happy in the end. I ended up with a Taurus PT1911, instead of the XD .45, that I wanted. I don't regret taking the Taurus, though.

If you were already planning on getting an XD, then I say do it. But, if you'd rather have a different pistol, then sign up for their newsletter and they routinely offer their 4 day course for $500; sometimes for $300 for a first timer.

There are many threads on Front Sight; do a search and you'll find a lot. I think it's highly worth it for the money; I have plans to attend again within 6 months.

Another thing... you never get something for nothing; the pistol isn't free. The other items are a bit exaggerated on their value. For instance, the knife that's valued at $300 can be had for $20. Don't get me wrong, you get what you pay for, for sure.
    Your post here has several red flags (bolded) that contradict what they advertise.......sounds a bit fishy.
    Carry on my friend~~

Smith & Wesson SW9VE
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15
    Kel-Tec PF9

Front sight? RUN

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Ignatius Piazza, the owner, has had some legal troubles. Many who attend his courses say the trainiing is top notch (even some of those who attend say he should be a used car salesman). There are supposedly some ties between him and Scientology (Remember Tom Cruise, jumping up and down on Oprah's couch?).

I have no idea whether any of the allegations are true... he did "settle" one fraud case for $8 or 9 MM.
    And he certainly knows how to work google inquiries. google his name, you'll get 3 pages of hits leading to his site... add the word fraud after his name though, and you'll get some of the negatives about him.

The training may be good... but it does seem pricey... although the $69-89 does truly seem like a bargain.
    He isn't the only owner. I know Michael Meacher and can't say enough about him being a stand up guy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links