CC While Skiing/Boarding( Yea have to include you losers to)

This is a discussion on CC While Skiing/Boarding( Yea have to include you losers to) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone here ski/board while on the mountain? Not nec. under your jacket but maybe in a backpack or elsewhere? Just curious...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: CC While Skiing/Boarding( Yea have to include you losers to)

CC While Skiing/Boarding( Yea have to include you losers to)

Does anyone here ski/board while on the mountain? Not nec. under your jacket but maybe in a backpack or elsewhere? Just curious
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Around here, if a backpack is is laying around, someone will go through it (if locked to an immovable object) or run off with it immdiately if not. Interesting post though when you think of CCW in such a sport with lots of possible tumbles and spills.

Personally I would want my CCW on my person for the sake of safety for all concerned.

I can't recall what its called but the carry thing you wear around your waist that keeps the weapon down by your who-ho sounds like the choice here.

Look forward to reading the follow-up posts.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Just remembered... SmartCarry
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I live in Park City....ski just about every day...carry every day. But I just can't find a reasonable setup for skiing with my gun. I know...anytime anywhere.....but I lock it up when I'm on the hill (a 10,000ft hill lol). My buddy tried skiing with his XD40sc in a belly band last season....it came out mid run and flopped around in his jacket until he could stop. Seems like the danger of carry methods outweighs the potential threats on the mountain. If I skied out East....maybe I'd carry more often while skiing as you east coasters seem to be a bit on the high strung side (JK...couldn't resist).

Now that being said....I'm thinking of picking up a Sig P238....I'll carry that in a pocket holster zipped up in my jacket or mid layer. But a full size gun or even a compact would really hurt to fall on.

Use your ski-pole gun.
    moonraker likes this.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

No. Some events in life dont require concealed carry. Skiing is one of them. Its probably more dangerous to carry it.
    kmagnuss likes this.

Snowboarders are dangerous ehough on the slopes as it is. :)
    PatAz likes this.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

I've actually seen no weapons signs at some of the closer ski areas in NC. This was when I did not have my permit though. I may need to check whether or not I can carry if a place is posted in NC and what the signage requirements are.

I currently only have IWB holsters for my PPS, which would not even work with the type of ski pants i use (overall style). The easiest way to carry while skiing might be a holstered pocket gun in a plastic bag in a pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanner View Post
    No. Some events in life dont require concealed carry. Skiing is one of them. Its probably more dangerous to carry it.
    Couldn't agree more... seems a bit excessive. You've got a much better of breaking your neck or your leg or falling off a cliff somewhere and slowly dying of hypothermia than getting into an Self-defense/deadly force situation. IMO
    msgt/ret likes this.

i would go with a shoulder rig, carrying on the hip and falling on the gun would be bad...

My brother and I both carry, but lock them up when we put the boots on. We always start with "no crazy runs today..." then end up on a wild run and pushing each other. Ive always felt safe on the hill. Besides, I dont think there is a good area (most body parts hit the ground at some point) to keep it other than a pack and that is not option for me.

Snowman, its funny we call them hills when they are that high. Ski A-basin and touch the sun!

I always ski with a winter Camelback which is really nice because I can carry a small survival kit (you never know up in the mountains), water for the day, lunch and my Sig.
    "The sheep hate the sheepdog almost as much as the wolf until a wolf shows up."

Well it shouldnt be a problem if its in my assault pack(back pack) and my assault pack never leaves my side.
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Quote Originally Posted by Ring View Post
    i would go with a shoulder rig, carrying on the hip and falling on the gun would be bad...
    So would broken ribs..... I'd pass on the shoulder rig too.

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    if anything, carry it in my assault pack, but this is one situation i probably wouldn't worry too much about it, except for bears and moosen and the like
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links