Advice for extreme hot weather areas

This is a discussion on Advice for extreme hot weather areas within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will be moving to Arizona (Phoenix area) and would like some imput from all the experienced CC members on how you carry in a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice for extreme hot weather areas

Advice for extreme hot weather areas

I will be moving to Arizona (Phoenix area) and would like some imput from all the
    experienced CC members on how you carry in a hot weather area like Phoenix. If you could post some pictures I would really appreciate it. I have CC'd in other areas but not in the extreme hot weather areas where overshirts and vests are not practical, so any suggestions (hopefully with pics) would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance to everyone. I love this forum

2. Remove Ads

I wear an undershirt everyday, especially in the summer. An undershirt actually helps keep you cool because it absorbs all of the perspiration. I work outside alot for work(can't carry at work though). I do carry my G19 IWB at 4 o'clock everywhere that I can and it conceals extremely well under a t-shirt. What part of Phoenix are you moving too?

I usually use a pocket gun when its really hot. A p3at in a pocket holster is my go to hot weather gun. Although a iwb holster with a G26 disappears pretty quick
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

IWB holster with a sweat guard between your gun and your body, or OWB holster that fits nice and tight close in and a shirt that hangs loose enough not to make you print easily.

Or you could purchase some nice Hawaiian shirts since your going to somewhat of a tropical climate.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Thanks for the reply, We are looking within Avondale and 5 mile area around Avondale. Hope to move by the first of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by justjim View Post
    Thanks for the reply, We are looking within Avondale and 5 mile area around Avondale. Hope to move by the first of the year.
    Hey no problem if you have any other questions let me know, I don't know much about the Avondale area but I have the east valley pretty covered.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerB View Post
    Hey no problem if you have any other questions let me know, I don't know much about the Avondale area but I have the east valley pretty covered.
    Thanks Spencer I appreciate the offer. If I think of anything, specifically about the east valley, I will be sure to give you a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by justjim View Post
    Thanks Spencer I appreciate the offer. If I think of anything, specifically about the east valley, I will be sure to give you a shout.
    Sounds good, what will you be carrying?

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    P3AT in a DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster in my cargo shorts and tee shirt. When it cools off a bit in the evenings, I rotate my Glock 26, Springer EMP, and S&W 342 in a Smart Carry.

Most of my holsters have body protectors, but even in T-shirt weather, I still wear a 'wife beater' under the T-shirt...CC is not a problem.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Oklahoma gets some heat in the June-Aug time frame.....I always wear a t-shirt, cargo shorts, carry the Kahr PM9 with one extra mag. Any t-shirt or polo will cover a smaller frame handgun, give it a try.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

I'm in the East Valley - east of Phoenix. My carry options include 1911s in a Sparks Summer Special (IWB), a couple of compact 9mms in OWBs, and either a .38 snub or a .32 KelTec in pocket holsters.

When carrying on the hip, I simply wear an untucked shirt - t-tshirt, polo or dress shirt. I sweat but not profusely, and while most of my holsters allow skin contact with the weapon, I rarely find that uncomfortable. A wipe-down when the gun is retired for the session takes care of any ill effects of sweat on metal.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I generally wear shorts all summer long if I'm not at work, or on my scoot. I also wear a colored T-Shirt and an untcucked and unbuttoned Camp or Hawaiian shirt.

Biker

"t" shirt or SS cambry shirt untucked, wranglers, hat and boots. most of the time. In that garb I pocket carry a S&W 642, or a Kahr cw40 in a OWB holster. The "T" shirt is worn loose. In cooler weather I switch to G23.

After about 10 years here you will probley quit sweating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links