Concealed Weapons in National Parks

This is a discussion on Concealed Weapons in National Parks within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally posted by armoredman To bear a load is to carry it. Maybe if you were to enter the park witha military style rifle at ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Concealed Weapons in National Parks

1943 - 2009
    Originally posted by armoredman
    To bear a load is to carry it. Maybe if you were to enter the park witha military style rifle at sling arms, that might meet muster.....
    Sorry, but I\'m missing your point. I didn\'t post this topic to start an argument about the finer points of the differences between the words \"bear\" and \"carry\".

As I said, the original thread discussed CCW in National Parks and some members asked about the penalties a person could get for carrying a concealed firearm in a NP. I volunteered to do an Internet search for an answer to the question. The above is what I found. End of story.

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    Originally posted by Captain Crunch
    Originally posted by armoredman
    To bear a load is to carry it. Maybe if you were to enter the park witha military style rifle at sling arms, that might meet muster.....
    Sorry, but I\'m missing your point. I didn\'t post this topic to start an argument about the finer points of the differences between the words \"bear\" and \"carry\".

As I said, the original thread discussed CCW in National Parks and some members asked about the penalties a person could get for carrying a concealed firearm in a NP. I volunteered to do an Internet search for an answer to the question. The above is what I found. End of story.
    And I, for one, appreciate your efforts, CaptainCrunch. I was going to look it up myself but got sidetracked. I will merge it with the earlier thread and reopen it so it stays in context and for future reference. Good work! :kay:

1943 - 2009
    Thanks, Bumper. I\'m sure you know, and FYI for our members, every rule, regulation, decision, etc., by every Federal agency, including Congress, has to be published in the Federal Register, which also includes the entire Code of Federal Regulations.

This is one humongous database, bigger than a breadbox, if you get my drift. Anyone searching this database is advised to have a bottle of Maalox handy.

Our tax dollars at work!

Oh Captain, my Captain...

Thanks for your efforts, but I think armored man was only explaining what the definition of \"Bearing\" arms was. It was not a flame.

I carry in my States parks regardeless of the law. Betty put it nicely...Here in Missouri, METH is our #1 cash crop. They make it in Nat/state parks. These dirt bags think nothing of breaking federal law. What makes anyone think they wouldn\'t rape your wife or daughter while you were helpless to stop them. Better a misdemeanor than having to listen to my daughter beg for my help and not be able to do anything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links