Walmart manager's bad joke

This is a discussion on Walmart manager's bad joke within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I agree, if you raise enough hell, the Obama administration might make him president of a major auto manufacturer....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Walmart manager's bad joke

I agree, if you raise enough hell, the Obama administration might make him president of a major auto manufacturer.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Maturity and professionalism go so far these days.
    Sadly it is no longer taught or encouraged....
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

"Security! Security! man in the red hat is armed!"
    I thought everybody at Wal*Mart is armed! It's a mass wally walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    Allow me to correct my last sentence. I am not lacking the two qualities you have mentioned. Statements like that make me think of leaving this forum. No one likes to be judged because of where they work.
    Don't take it so personally. An employee of Wal-Mart or any company at a 'manager level' position should NEVER have their brain and mouth so dis-engaged. That action was beyond moronic.
    Mitch Rapp is my hero (reference to the Vince Flynn novels)

RIP Vince! Going to miss your novels! :(

Someone needs to be taken behind the woodshed....and beaten within an inch of his life...because that is pretty much what it takes to get people to learn life lessons....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Easy....killer...always assess the situation first. The joke would have been on you if you would have shown them Mr. Brownings master piece. Be safe.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

It is readily apparent that stupidity infects people of all walks and stations in life; however the prognosis of there being no cure for this cursed condition is still true.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbary View Post
    Thanks Biomortis, I am a Wal-mart employee. I was unemployed for six months and searching for a job before I was hired by Wal-mart. It's a job and I do an honest day's work. I also am not lacking it the two qualities you are mentioned.
    Good.Interesting I have a relative that retired as a Wal Mart district manager.No college degree,but he is worth many millions due too stock options and smart investments.ALL jobs are important.I salute you for working.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    I can assure you if that happened while I was in that store I would have been mad enough to go get the store manager and file a complaint. That kind of behavior is unacceptable. Who knows what could have happened depending on who was in the area.

I'm going to assume that you didn't pull your 1911. So good job for not panicking and turning the situation into something far worse for you.
    I would definitly take this up the food chain(no pun intended), and I probibly would have told him in not so nice terms what a jacknut he was.

What would have been funny is the manager yelling, "Gun", and 20 customers drawing down on the guy.

VIP Member
    "I see stupid people... they're everywhere, and some of them don't even know that they're stupid'!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Wow. That was a bad joke that could have gone real bad. Good job not over reacting and restraining yourself from throttling the manager.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    And OP would have realized his own when he was arrested for brandishing. It was a non-credible threat. You can't use someone else's reaction to gauge a threat, no matter how much adrenaline gets dumped into your blood.
    I can't believe it took 28 posts for someone to come up with the correct answer.

If the OP as an armed civilian would have drawn down on the "bad guy", he would have had a lot of explaining to do while hoping he didn't get a free ride to the pokey.

You have every right to defend yourself. You do not however have a right to brandish a firearm if there is no credible threat. The proper action should have been to create some distance and assess the situation. Just because someone yells "fire" doesn't mean there is one.

What if the "bad guy" was actually an LEO and you had actually drawn? You surely would have been facing the end of a gun barrel.

I understand you did not draw and good on you, BUT you need to raise your awareness level and keep your cool. If you had drawn your weapon, you just might be facing the judge who is willing to withdraw your CCW permit.

Was the manager an a-hole? Absolutely, and no doubt I would have filed a complaint with EVERY intention to see him get fired, but 2 wrongs still don't make a right.

mattdillon, I don't deny that the action of the individual who worked in the store in the op was devoid of common sense. I have had a rough four days in the hospital with a very sick parent, so my nerves are frayed. However, dealing in broad generalizations regarding a group of people's intellectual/mental capacity who work in the service industry due to one person's bad choices is rather short sighted.

I have it on competent authority that Walmart does not have a practice of hiring unemployed rocket scientists! I don't believe they seek out managers at the far right of the curve.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links