Walmart manager's bad joke - Page 5

Walmart manager's bad joke

This is a discussion on Walmart manager's bad joke within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't understand all these people drawing down on red hat guy just cause someone said he had a gun...the OP had a gun..what if ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Walmart manager's bad joke

I don't understand all these people drawing down on red hat guy just cause someone said he had a gun...the OP had a gun..what if red had guy was a CCW as well and the stupid manager saw him printing and decided to be stupid and mention it? imagine if Red hat guy was OP and someone said over the radio that he has a gun? would he want someone drawing on him merely for having a holstered weapon?
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Quote Originally Posted by livewire9880 View Post
    And OP would have realized his own when he was arrested for brandishing. It was a non-credible threat. You can't use someone else's reaction to gauge a threat, no matter how much adrenaline gets dumped into your blood. I don't know if I'd be able to resist telling the manager that I called 911 though. . . the look on his face as he tried to figure out a way to explain this to LE would have been priceless. Especially since the only one that would know they weren't coming would be me :)
    Good idea. Tell him you called 911 and he needs to go to the front of the store because the swat team is at the door. What a jerk. I think a letter to the store is called for. I don't see any point to writing to the ceo of Walmart because he isn't going to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
    I don't understand all these people drawing down on red hat guy just cause someone said he had a gun...the OP had a gun..what if red had guy was a CCW as well and the stupid manager saw him printing and decided to be stupid and mention it? imagine if Red hat guy was OP and someone said over the radio that he has a gun? would he want someone drawing on him merely for having a holstered weapon?
    Agreed.

Honestly in reading the OPS tale my first thought in real time, and act if this had been me, would have been to _immediately_ leave the items I'd paid for on the counter and put distance between myself and Mr. Red Hat _as well_ as the manager.

I can always return to the counter to pickup my not at all important nor valuable (as my life!) knick knacks.
    I'd leave the area immediately and either go home (!), or if seconds later it became obvious to me that the event was a non-issue as related well then walk back over and pick up my stuff from the cashier....And tell him/her that I do not appreciate this kind of unprofessional 'joking' by his stores staff/management/who ever.

As to going hand to gun; Why?
    Not being a police one doesn't have right nor as detailed in the OP any strong muchless lawful reason to go responding in any way to a man with a gun comment.

Rather than attempting to look around to verify and see what's going on with Mr. Red Hat, and by that thought of _action_ effectively engaging a potential threat placing one self with purpose and intent directly into danger (!)...Just simply turn on heel and leave by way of the path of least resistance and highest concealment.

But then I am not a cop and I don't have bulletproof skin either.
    Others mileage may and reportedly do vary.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    well written as usual janq...hand on gun was my first question when i read the op also...but he confirmed the thought process later stating he had only been carrying a short time...its easy to be guncentric and think in that direction as opposed to evaluation and safety when you havent spent too much time carrying or thinking about bad situations....

i still think the guy with the mouth needs a good tongue lashing and disciplinary action to correct an immature thought process and lack of understanding in the art of actions and consequences...

Indeed...That manager needs to be sat down and talked to by a fellow manager, ASAP.
    Clearly he is ignorant in a very real world way of the realities that are modern and current.
    Man with a gun calls happen at Wal-Marts around the nation monthly, only they most often are not in jest.

Man with a gun in these modern times is to my mind same as remarking man with a bomb or yelling FIRE!.
    Do not do these things people because you will be taken seriously as being literal.

- Chicken Little
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Frankly, I would have been concerned he was talking about me at first... second thought would have been he was over-reacting to someone else legally carrying... during those thoughts I would have been looking pretty hard to figure out what the deal was but I sure wouldn't have been yanking my pistol out.

I think even thinking about drawing your gun without a credible deadly threat presented is akin to buying a ticket to the pokey. In a game of "he said, he said" the guy on video surveillance with the drawn gun is going to lose every time.
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

Quote Originally Posted by chivvalry View Post
    Frankly, I would have been concerned he was talking about me at first... second thought would have been he was over-reacting to someone else legally carrying... during those thoughts I would have been looking pretty hard to figure out what the deal was but I sure wouldn't have been yanking my pistol out.

I think even thinking about drawing your gun without a credible deadly threat presented is akin to buying a ticket to the pokey. In a game of "he said, he said" the guy on video surveillance with the drawn gun is going to lose every time.
    Well said. . . my first thought would be "am I wearing a hat?".

Don't mean to side track the jist....but how do you like the Taurus 1911? I've had a PT38S for several years and it's just great. I'm considering the 1911 .45 for my next handgun purchase.

You just can't fix stupid!
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I love the taurus 1911. Its a really smooth,accurate shooter. I've shot about 300 rounfd through mine and its never had a problem. only thing I am thinking about changing is replacing the sights with some kind of night sights. I wish I had gotten the taurus 1911 AR,that version has a tactical rail for mounting lights and lasers.

Like the "DUKE " alway's said " LIFE IS HARD, IT'S HARDER IF YOUR STUPID "

I'm always seeing this with guys in town (I live in Hawaii) acting like their going to fight as joke when they first meet as a joke. I know it's nothing like what happened here, but people drawing attention to themselves in negative ways is never smart...

A written letter to the both the area and store manager should follow this situation. That is unacceptable.

Wow, lots of armchair quarterbacks here....

To the OP, don't sweat the negative comments.

My advice: Has learning occurred? Then something positive came of the event. Don't forget it, get yourself mentally prepared for similar potential situations as this and definitely look at contacting the Wal-Mart manager about what happened.
    Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #12-751

If guns kill people, then:
    Pincels miss spel werds;
    Cars make people drive drunk;
    And spoons made Rosie O'Donnel fat.

Yeah I definetly learned from the experience. No matter how ready you think you are, your never ready for whats coming.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links