OWB/Shirt

OWB/Shirt

This is a discussion on OWB/Shirt within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Right now I weight about 300lbs I am 6'2", even when my weight is lower I have trouble finding shirt long enough for OWB, I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OWB/Shirt

OWB/Shirt

Right now I weight about 300lbs I am 6'2", even when my weight is lower I have trouble finding shirt long enough for OWB, I tried IWB but that is not just comfortable for me right now. What is some options for shirts so I can carry owb.
    Springfield 1911
    Windham AR SRC
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Walther P22

Find a big and tall store in your area and buy a shirt made for someone 6'5" or 6'6". I have a friend about your size and this is exactly what he does for everyday clothes. I'm sure it would work for OWB.
    Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.
    - Mike Tyson

Personally, I think you should look into a better holster for what you typically wear for a shirt. This may alleviate some of your concerns. You did not specify what you carried and what holster you're currently using. Granted.....the clothing may be your least costly replacement at this time. But it all works together my friend. If you can't find an answer in the clothing department, there's a couple of other things to consider. Don't shoot the messenger. Giving you my best.

RamRod are you saying a holster for owb? I have decided this is my preferred way to carry. I have been spoiled this summer carrying the P3AT with a High Noon pocket holster. I am embarrassed to admit the holsters I have tried use for IWB and OWB. Oh and I will mostly be carrying the SR9C with some 709 tossed in now and again.
    Springfield 1911
    Windham AR SRC
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Walther P22

Big and tall section and tall clothes are your friend. I buy the XLT's and get the shirt tails down to the bottom of my pockets. Prints, Hawaiians, dark T-shirts.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Quote Originally Posted by Flatline74 View Post
    RamRod are you saying a holster for owb? I have decided this is my preferred way to carry. I have been spoiled this summer carrying the P3AT with a High Noon pocket holster. I am embarrassed to admit the holsters I have tried use for IWB and OWB
    Never be embarrassed about anything. Spoiled? I kind of know what you mean actually. I got outside my box this summer too. High Noon makes great holsters for the price and excellent support. We have a couple (wife and I).
    Yes......(if I'm understanding you correctly)....OWB holster. That's what you want right? The P3AT? Why not? Could be the pocket holster you wear outside of the pants or tucked in between your belt and body. You know.......thing is.......I personally think you're reading way more into carrying concealed that what you are willing or able to do at this time. Lot's of folks get 'grounded' with the idea and they won't easily adapt because they loose their focus. It makes no matter what your physical characteristics are. You want to carry, and then you shall. Nothing should stand in your way.

Can you get a shirt at big & tall that is less big and more tall? I wear an XL for my body which covers just okay if I stretch them down a tad. Then I bought a 2XL and immediately washed it in hot water. The length is good but the armpits hang way down.

Glock, Colt, S&W,Beretta,ParaOrdnance
    Springfields, Browning, Keltec... to name a few.

TSRA, NRA, IDPA, IPSC, USPSA
    NRA Certified RSO and Instructor
    Certified CHL Instructor in Texas and Lousisiana

Thanks for the links Tx!
    Springfield 1911
    Windham AR SRC
    Kel-Tec P3AT
    Walther P22

I am 5'7" and 220 lbs. I wear a XL shirt and sometimes they are a little short. I use an OWB holster and I really don't bother if I print or it shows a little. Been carrying for years with no problem.
    Member:USCCA, NRA, GOA, WVCDL
    U.S. Navy vet 1955-1959, USS Dashiell DD 659. Glock 19, Ruger LCP, Ruger .357 Mag.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    Can you get a shirt at big & tall that is less big and more tall? I wear an XL for my body which covers just okay if I stretch them down a tad. Then I bought a 2XL and immediately washed it in hot water. The length is good but the armpits hang way down.
    XLT
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I bought some of these "plumber's crack" extra long tail -t-shirts from Duluth Trading andf I'm happy with them:

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/d...cessor=content

I'm 5'9" and I've had my share of busicuits and gravy. I like a good old fashioned tacky short sleeve button up flower covered Hawaiian shirt (Magnum PI, the later years....much later...like bursitis, bald, beer gut, and no Ferrari later). The tackier the better. The best cover shirt I've ever found for summer. I bought them at Wal Mart at the beginning of summer and they were cheap too. Even if they only last one summer, I still did ok. I've been carrying a Ruger P95 (and they're not small by any stretch) and you can't even begin to see it. The colors and patterns break up any shapes. I used to think the P95 was too big to carry concealed...not so much anymore. I actually like carrying it. Might do so more often. Will I be taking it too far to wear them in the dead of winter with snow on the ground?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

I'm 5-7 and am a bit portly. I buy L or XL golf shirts, which I wear out, not tucked in. This conceals my IWB mustang very well. While
    travelling, I wear a button down hawaiian shirt out, and a Uncle Mikes super slide holster with a 9 MM which is not compact. Its not noticible, but has a bit more firepower.
    Try going to the Salvation Army or simular charity thrift stores. I find shirts there for $5-10. Hey, I'M saving some $$$ and helping a worthwhile charity.

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    I don't think anyone knocks you for shopping at the Salvation Army. I shopped at the Goodwill Store last week and found 4 nice shirts in my size with the original store price tags still attached. Price - $3.00 each. I used to haunt the thrift stores when I worked plainclothes. I have bought new sport coats for $7.00. People buy clothes and gain or lose weight without ever wearing them. Some wind up in the thrift shops.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links