Here they go again...

Here they go again...

This is a discussion on Here they go again... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearings...ng.cfm?id=4771...

Last edited by MattInFla; September 8th, 2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Here is the correct link.....

http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearings...ng.cfm?id=4771

Im not sure what is going to come of this comittee. It can be either good or bad. Someone with experience in these senate committees please let us know.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Thanks for the correct link, Tangoseal.

I could swear mine worked when I first put it up, but maybe not.

Thanks again.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I do not expect the hearing to be pro 2A given the current makeup of the Senate and this committee in particular.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

It's kind of ambiguous. It doesn't say exactly what needs reforming...

Maybe it's an attempt to quell the few states who have passed Firearms Freedom Acts; or the like. I dunno
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

The link didn't work for me but I believe Leahy of VT is trying to reform the BATF. Leahy, although voting for 2 cleary anti SCOTUS judges, has a good voting record on 2A issues otherwise. This may actually not be a bad thing.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

VIP Member

FIRE Mission -- Support S. 941

From a VA-ALERT.

[Re-posted with prior approval of VCDL]

VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.

[First person singular pronouns (I, my, mine, etc) and “PVC” reference Philip Van Cleave, President VCDL]

Many of you have sent me a link to a Senate Judiciary meeting announcement that just came out:

The announcement, which is titled, "Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the Federal Regulatory Process" says nothing about what the hearing is about, but sure sounds scary.

However, with some digging and confirmation from the NRA, it is about reforming the BATFE and is pro-gun:
    http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Fe...d.aspx?id=5210
    http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactShe...1&issue=28

Unfortunately, Virginia's two Senators, Mark Warner and Jim Webb, have NOT cosponsored the bill (S. 941)!

Let's ask Senators Warner and Webb to cosponsor S. 941:
    Senator Warner's web mail:
    http://warner.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=Contact
    Senator Webb's web mail:
    http://webb.senate.gov/contact.cfm

Suggested message:
    As a constituent, I urge you to cosponsor S. 941 to provide much needed pro-gun reforms to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.
    Please let me know if you are going to cosponsor S. 941 or not.
    For folk outside of Virginia, check your Senators and email, call, or write.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Exclamation US Senate Hearing on " Assessing the Need for Reform in Federal Regulatory Process"

Firearms in Commerce: Assessing the Need for Reform in the Federal Regulatory Process

US senate hearing on firearm regulation

Doesn't tell us much...could mean a lot of things!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I'm so glad a lot of these bozo's will be unemployed come november.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Are there not enough priorities on their list other than 'regulatory' issues?

Come November...most of the Bozos will be replaced with new Bozos. Somehow, I just don't think we'll ever be without Bozos in the main office. In reality we ARE the human resource department....and the day we gather up our balls and tell them to get out is the day we say we've had enough. I keep praying for the day myself. Crying about it does no good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Come November...most of the Bozos will be replaced with new Bozos. Somehow, I just don't think we'll ever be without Bozos in the main office.
    The episode of South Park "Douche and Turd" said it best:

Stan: I think voting is great, I just didn't care this time because it was between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich (They're voting for a new mascot at their elementary school).

Leader of PETA (long story): But Stan, don't you know? It's always between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Nearly every election since the beginning of time has been between some douche and some turd. They're the only people who suck up enough to make it that far in politics.

Then Puff Daddy comes and kills all of the PETA "eco-terrorists" as they're referred to, lol. It's a great episode.

VIP Member

Exclamation GOOD BILL -- need to support it.

Already running at http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-they-go-again...

This is to consider an NRA sponsered bill.

We should get behind it.

See my post on other thread.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by nigelvertigo View Post
    The episode of South Park "Douche and Turd" said it best:

Stan: I think voting is great, I just didn't care this time because it was between a Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich (They're voting for a new mascot at their elementary school).

Leader of PETA (long story): But Stan, don't you know? It's always between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. Nearly every election since the beginning of time has been between some douche and some turd. They're the only people who suck up enough to make it that far in politics.

Then Puff Daddy comes and kills all of the PETA "eco-terrorists" as they're referred to, lol. It's a great episode.
    That was a funny episode/clip. True, so true.

I'm not sure if posting a link to the clip would be appropriate, but for those interested, Google "south park peta kill me".

Links