Funny question.

This is a discussion on Funny question. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's my $.02. What I roll with. OWB, untucked plaid button down shirt long or short sleve depending on weather. Baseball jerseys make excellent cover ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Funny question.

Here's my $.02. What I roll with. OWB, untucked plaid button down shirt long or short sleve depending on weather. Baseball jerseys make excellent cover garments for those 'less formal' occasions.
    OPE Prostaff
    www.outdoorproductexchange.com

Sitting Ducks Ltd. Prostaff
    http://www.sittingducks-ltd.com/

2. Remove Ads

My experience - printing over rated

I am new to this forum, but I must state that printing is an issue to be considered, but realize that most people out there are not looking for a gun, and don't have the observation powers to see a gun printing, know what it was when it is printing, or consider that it is a gun. Only the educated in firearms can spot a print.

I try to keep from printing, but tropical style shirts? Not a chance! I will wear IWB, with a heavy white or off white cotton shirt, and I have never had a problem. My wife knows I carry, and she said when she is looking, she can see "something" poking through occasionally, but only breifly, and no way to tell what it is.

Assistant Administrator
    she said when she is looking, she can see "something" poking through occasionally, but only briefly, and no way to tell what it is.
    Sorry to be jocular with a new fella - but thought this maybe means this should be kept for ''at home'' only
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by DMan
    My wife knows I carry, and she said when she is looking, she can see "something" poking through occasionally, but only breifly, and no way to tell what it is.

Sounds like you need a bigger gun, kindof like my fiance saying, is that your dingy? I told her I refer to it as a schooner Sorry couldn't resist.
    If you want a battle of the wit's, please come armed.

Ron Paul Revolution 2008!!!

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Loose clothing, the looser the better. Dark clothing is good and so are very busy prints/patterns in vivid and contrasting colors. Casual is therefore easy.

For more formal situations, pleated pants and coats/sport jackets help a lot.

IWB's maximize concealment with a sport coat/suit jacket and untucked shirts (be they tee shirts or Hawaiins). Belly/abdomen holsters (Smartcarry, Thunderwear, Belly Bands) maximize concealment all the time. Shoulder holsters are good with coats/jackets.

VIP Member
    Boot-cut/flare-legged jeans are good for ankle holsters, and thicker materials hide them better than thin materials. I've worn light pants that flapped around in a hard breeze and learned they outlined my Colt Cobra for everyone.

Long shirts are good, and thank goodness the ladies' fashion of the moment is long, long shirts that I can bunch up around "there" to break up the outline.

As always, try on the clothes - sit down, get up, lean over, twist, reach down, and try a lot of moves that you'd usually do throughout the day to see if your gun pokes out. I get pants a bit longer than usual so when I sit down, they don't ride up so my ankle rig peeks.

Bend at the knees to reach down to keep instead of bending with your back - not only does it keep your back happy, but it also prevents the dreaded leanover-gun poke.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links