Perry Suspenders - Which Model?

This is a discussion on Perry Suspenders - Which Model? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've carried a Kahr PM9 for some time with the standard 2" Perry Suspenders holding up my 5.11 gun belt without issues after the initial ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dalex19701

Thread: Perry Suspenders - Which Model?

Perry Suspenders - Which Model?

I've carried a Kahr PM9 for some time with the standard 2" Perry Suspenders holding up my 5.11 gun belt without issues after the initial stretching. Now I'm carrying a Colt Commander and it feels like a water balloon being held by the neck. It pulls everything down on the carry side.

I am considering getting the 2" Construction and/or the 2" Ruf-N-Tuf models. The Construction has non stretch front straps and elastic back strap. The R-N-T is like the original 2" all stretch, but the material is twice as thick (4mm) and should be twice as strong. Concern is it will feel rough.

Does anybody have experience with either of these models and what can you advise?

2. Remove Ads

I prefer their "Industrials". They don't stretch in the front either.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Ya got me there Husker! I had to look for them and discovered that's the title for the section with Construction and Ruff-N-Tuff and from your description are the same as the Construction model. Do they balance the load pretty good left to right?

I carry a combo mag pouch/flashlight carrier (6P) on the left side. The side/front suspenders ride very close to the leather since it's a single back strap. I find this provides excellent balance and support. The greatest thing about Perry's is their connection to the belt instead of the pants. They actually become part of your load bearing equipment.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I was checking out 4 point suspenders looking for better support for my 1911. Currently I have moved the back belt connection on my Perry's closer to the holster (about where you would attach a 4 point) and it supports much better. I found the mother load of suspenders in my search today. Hundreds of them, all colors types, prissy, tactical, work, even parachute jumpers. They are in a search engine here. Clever and perhaps more fitting to me are those at "Nanny's Best All Gutt - No Butt Suspenders". Their down there next to the goat milking machines.

I saw all kinds of attachments from the regular clip-ons to clip-ons with a long tooth that goes through the material, round clip hooks like you might find on a chain to secure a gate in the goat pasture, velcro belt loops for duty belts, and device specific to hook up with specific gear.

With all this staring at me I ordered the safe choice, a Perry's Construction suspender.

I use the regular Perry's and have no problem with any gun. I find it helpful to hold the suspenders out from by body and adjust i fit feels like it's unbalanced between front and back. Then I also adjust length of each side, until I have about half the weight supported by the suspenders and half the belt. All this works best for me with a very good belt on.

I've a couple of their regular models and can also report no problems.
    God, country, family.

Check out the new Perry Shoulder Holster. They have turned their suspenders into an awesome shoulder holster. They simply have added a holster to a pair of their suspenders. Simply google "Perry Shoulder Holster"
    Aceoky likes this.

Question if I may. Do most like single attachment in back or double? It seems like suspenders make me look fat.

Quote Originally Posted by pignut View Post
    Question if I may. Do most like single attachment in back or double? It seems like suspenders make me look fat.
    MY Standard Perry has the single attachment in back and comfortably supports the 1911 on the belt at ~ 3:30 o'clock. Never tried the double attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by OldLincoln View Post
    I've carried a Kahr PM9 for some time with the standard 2" Perry Suspenders holding up my 5.11 gun belt without issues after the initial stretching. Now I'm carrying a Colt Commander and it feels like a water balloon being held by the neck. It pulls everything down on the carry side.

I am considering getting the 2" Construction and/or the 2" Ruf-N-Tuf models. The Construction has non stretch front straps and elastic back strap. The R-N-T is like the original 2" all stretch, but the material is twice as thick (4mm) and should be twice as strong. Concern is it will feel rough.

Does anybody have experience with either of these models and what can you advise?
    I use the regular in 2", no problemo - I just adjust much higher the rt side where I carry when it's a heavy gun.

How's your belt? I have a nice thick partial shark skin belt that looks new though worn almost daily for 5 years. I got it at Rafters Leather. Unfortunately, there has for a long while been a LOT of trouble with customer orders, months waiting etc - so I can't recommend them now. But a nice thick belt can also help to keep the gun from drooping low to one side. I'm sure others can give you good belt-makers, I'd go for shark skin myself, one tough hide believe me.

VIP Member
    I like the construction model. The material is the same as seat belt material.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I wear Perry suspenders everyday. I usually pocket carry and it really keeps the sagging away. I always wear a T-shirt with suspenders over that and then an out of the pants shirt or sweater to cover the suspenders. There is one really big advantage to Perry over other suspenders. When you need to use the bathroom away from home, all you have to do is unclip the suspenders , back and front, and drop your drawers. Then clip back up when done.With other suspenders you are pretty much committed to take your shirt/jacket off when using the commode.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

I love the 2" 'work' suspenders. These are tough, but have good elasticity. I agree, the way the attach to the belt is extremely convenient and effective.

Amazon.com: 2 In. Perry Work Suspenders (Tan Regular): Clothing

Links