What is it with all the LEO threads?

This is a discussion on What is it with all the LEO threads? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; These posts just illustrate where we have gone as a nation from a free country to a complete police state. If I don't have a ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: What is it with all the LEO threads?

Its simple...

These posts just illustrate where we have gone as a nation from a free country to a complete police state.

If I don't have a criminal history or haven't hurt anyone, I don't need to answer your questions.

Its none of your business "where I am headed", or "why I am carrying a firearm".

There are allot of bad cops out there right now, mostly the younger ones. They think that the badge gives them authority over you, and it doesn't, because at the end of the day when you take that badge off you are just another JOE.

Everyday I read stories about out of line police. This is just a symptom from what is coming down from above.

The good cops need to hold the bad cops feet to the fire. They should be shunned.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    First of all, if everyone did what they were supposed to and didn't speed, or run stop signs, or had the proper registration, or you name it, you wouldn't find yourself in contact with the LEO.:rolleyes
    If everyone did what they were "suppose" to it would be a pretty boring world. Just because they have guns, a uniform, and a military crew cut doesn't mean there going to tell me what and how I'm suppose to act.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by renegade01 View Post
    These posts just illustrate where we have gone as a nation from a free country to a complete police state.
    Really when was the last time you were asked for your "papers"? Apparently some don't realize what a police state actually is.

If I don't have a criminal history or haven't hurt anyone, I don't need to answer your questions. Its none of your business "where I am headed", or "why I am carrying a firearm".
    I bet that will serve you well during any stop you might have in the future. Please post that LEO encounter when you have it and give them that response.

There are allot of bad cops out there right now, mostly the younger ones. They think that the badge gives them authority over you, and it doesn't, because at the end of the day when you take that badge off you are just another JOE.
    And you base this on what? All the "young" cops that I know seem like very respectable young men. Oh, and you might go back and check into what oath they take to become a Peace Officer or whatever they are called in your neck of the woods. Badge on or off makes no difference when taking the oath.

Everyday I read stories about out of line police. This is just a symptom from what is coming down from above.
    How many stories do you read about regular Joe's being out of line? Coming down from above. You mean God intends on making a point through "bad" cops? Wow that is a change.

The good cops need to hold the bad cops feet to the fire. They should be shunned.
    Your absolutely right. And good citizens should hold bad citizens feet to the fire and the bad ones should be shunned.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Moderator
    These posts just illustrate where we have gone as a nation from a free country to a complete police state
    Not quite. I've been to some "police" states. We aren't there yet.

If I don't have a criminal history or haven't hurt anyone, I don't need to answer your questions

Sounds good in theory. Not answering a question will set the tone of the stop and it will quickly digress.

They may be just another JOE when they take the badge off. When they are wearing it it does give them authority to do whatever they deem necessary. Displaying a bad attitude, while it your perfect right to do so, will set the tone of the stop in a way that you wont like.

Incorrect statement. If you are "out of line" you will be called out for doing it. Symptoms don't come from the the top. They come from individual cops being out of line.

The good cops need to hold the bad cops feet to the fire.
    How do you know that they don't?

They should be shunned.
    Not the way to make things better at all.

Don't make the mistake of lumping all cops together just because of the actions of a few. Doing so puts you in the same camp as the anti-gunners that think just because a few permit holders do bad that all permit holders are bad. We know its not true, but they don't.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Frankly I find the direction of this thread to be a bit ridiculous. People are detailing/expressing their experiences/opinions and others are taking these critiques personally. Guess what, tough cookies. If you don't like what people are writing, don't read it. It's really that simple. No reason to get all worked up about it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cz75luver View Post
    Frankly I find the direction of this thread to be a bit ridiculous. People are detailing/expressing their experiences/opinions and others are taking these critiques personally. Guess what, tough cookies. If you don't like what people are writing, don't read it. It's really that simple. No reason to get all worked up about it.
    Agreed, I can't say it better myself. This one is for the history books.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links