Scariest thing ever...

This is a discussion on Scariest thing ever... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, so I was talking to a lawyer at our firm in Dallas. He was telling me that he just finished taking the concealed carry ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scariest thing ever...

Scariest thing ever...

OK, so I was talking to a lawyer at our firm in Dallas. He was telling me that he just finished taking the concealed carry course and had sent in his paperwork for his CCL. He looks at me with a smile and says:
    "as soon as I get my license, I want to get a 1911. Is that a revolver or what?"
    This guy doesn't kow a semi-auto from a revolver, and HE's going to carry a gun????
    That is just downright scary!
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
    - G. K. Chesterton

2. Remove Ads

Well.........He is an attorney.........

I guess what counts is how well he can shoot it in a self-defense situation. Yes, he should also learn what it is he is carrying, as well as the difference between a clip and a magazine.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

If Glock can have a revolver why should the 1911 fans be left out?

"Is that a revolver or what?".....

Yep.... it all revolves around JMB!
    "Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom" Gen. George Patton

Goes to show you what lawyers know. I have licenses for many things....how much do you trust me? Look out IMO.

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    Wonder if he does get a revolver....will it have a "lawyer lock?" hehehehehe
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

SEMPER PARATUS

VIP Member
    Hmmm. Since in Texas you need to decided to take the test either with a pistol or a revolver, because if you take it with a revolver you can't carry a pistol, it seems unlikely the guy didn't really know. He had to have at least rented a gun for the range test, and probably was advised to do the range test with a pistol ---likely not a 1911 but something like a rented 9 mm Glock or XD.

If he actually took the course and sent his paper work in, which would have included a certificate that he passed the range test, the story well, doesn't exactly sound "complete."

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Hmmm. Since in Texas you need to decided to take the test either with a pistol or a revolver, because if you take it with a revolver you can't carry a pistol, it seems unlikely the guy didn't really know. He had to have at least rented a gun for the range test, and probably was advised to do the range test with a pistol ---likely not a 1911 but something like a rented 9 mm Glock or XD.

If he actually took the course and sent his paper work in, which would have included a certificate that he passed the range test, the story well, doesn't exactly sound "complete."
    So if you have a desire to carry both how does that work? Do they allow you to qualify with both on the same day?

Wonder what questions he asked on his wedding night.

I think that you should take this scum ba- Oops, I mean, attorney, and teach him some things.

Sounds like a good chance to educate someone who is already interested in carrying.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

GM
    Scary? Are you sure about that? I think that it should be even more scary if he did not want to learn. I do not think that asking is wrong.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

So if you have a desire to carry both how does that work? Do they allow you to qualify with both on the same day?
    If you qualify with a semi-auto you can carry a revolver. Not vice-versa.

Scariest thing ever...
    I immediately thought...........A politician with his hand out.........

Quote Originally Posted by Dadoo View Post
    "Is that a revolver or what?"
    You sure he's not a reporter?
    We're all in favor of reducing violent crime. It's just that pro-gunners have a method that is proven effective. Anti-gunners don't.
    ---
    John Moses Browning day is January 24th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dadoo View Post
    OK, so I was talking to a lawyer at our firm in Dallas. He was telling me that he just finished taking the concealed carry course and had sent in his paperwork for his CCL. He looks at me with a smile and says:
    "as soon as I get my license, I want to get a 1911. Is that a revolver or what?"
    This guy doesn't kow a semi-auto from a revolver, and HE's going to carry a gun????
    That is just downright scary!
    That's ok. I see potential customers come into the Store, and, while looking at a case full of Glocks.........and.what do they ask....."do you have any Glocks?"
    They handle them without any sense of what they're holding. It's due to seeing them (glock handguns) on TV, in movies, and just other people talking about them.........I've recently noticed how many customers are asking for "Clips" instead of asking for Magazines......Some dowright don't even know the guns laws in their State OR the Federal gun laws pertaining to sales of handguns to persons residing in another State and hving to ship it to another Dealer within their home State where they do their NICS check. Some ask "oh really, and when did THAT Law go into effect" I could go on and on but must stop <blood pressure going up here>
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links