What do you do in this situation?

This is a discussion on What do you do in this situation? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I always park far away, my wife always spends 5 minutes looking for the "best" spot. Think of the advantages of cover/identifying threats in your ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you do in this situation?

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I always park far away, my wife always spends 5 minutes looking for the "best" spot. Think of the advantages of cover/identifying threats in your AO v. disadvantages of no cover/being blocked in.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

If I heard you correctly, I'm assuming from your comment that you can't carry while at work so your out of luck till you get to your vehicle or into work.

So here is what I would do:

Get your co-workers together and go to the boss and express your concerns of the recent criminal activity that you and your co-workers has had to endured. Ask that your employer hire a armed security provider during shift change to physically monitor the parking lot. Make sure that you and your co-workers put your request in writing to your employer. If your employer is on the ball it won't be miss by them as a notice of possible litigation in the future if they do nothing.

To head off any possible objections to this suggestion, contact a number of security providers in your area and see if they operate an armed motor patrol and what their cost would be per stop for this service. Make sure that you tell the security company that the patrol would need to be their for 1 hour (30mins before/after) during shift change. Provide this information in written form, makesure that you keep a copy just in case your boss copy gets lost.

In the interm or if your employer does nothing, I would do the following:

If your company doesn't have a policy against pepperspray get the maxmium OC consitration legally possible in your state.

For your personal safety, get to work a little early so that you can get a parking space as close to the entrance as you can, under a well lite area.

When coming or going be observant. This mean staying in your vehicle for a minute or two and look around and see what's happening in the area, try and identify any unsual activity. The same when leaving. Exit your employers facility but stay close to the entrance look around the parking lot and see if you notice any unsual activity. If you do, stay in your vehicle and leave or reenter your facility. In either case call the police once you're safe.

As for these individuals using their vehicle blocking your vehicle in, you do have insurance? The individual is counting on you not wanting to damage your vehicle. Back up against, not run into the vehicle at either the front or rear wheels then push till they're out of the way. If the individual(s) see that you won't be blocked they'll more then likely move out of your way.

But if they don't and you don't want to possibly damage your vehicle, or risk a civil law suit. Then lay on the horn using 3 short blast, then 3 long blast, follow with 3 short blast. Continue this series till either the individual leaves or you draw attention. Don't above all else open the door or roll down the window.

And if your employer refuses to do anything, I would start looking for a new job.
    Last edited by stmichps; July 5th, 2006 at 10:12 AM.

VIP Member
    +1 Lumberjack98

situational awarenes is key

lots of good posts on this here most of which I could repeat but won't,
    definitely get every legal defense mechanism-OC, knives (yes, thats plural), and training for these and unarmed defense training

this past weekend my wife, brother, mom, and me took an unarmed defense class, we learned some things to protect ourselves in this very situation, and we're going again next month to the next level defense class
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

erh

Thumbs up Like a good neighbor "State Farm Is There...!

I drive a Hemi Ram w/ a triple tree trailer hitch on the back; if all else fails try; "Golley-Gee-Officer, I really didn't notice pushing that poor mans vehicle across those 2 driving lanes before I departed..! I'm certain my insurance company will be glad to pay for his or his vehicles damages... "Honest Injun..!'" (Bat EyeLashes rapidly, etc...) Of coarse, you must say this through lightly clenched teeth w/ a perfectly Phoney Southern Drawl..! "That's my story-n-I'm stickin' to it..!" I have a "Low Threashold for tolerance of B.S. these days, sorry."
    Eric Howland
    Savannah, GA.

VIP Member

use all tools available to you
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links