Galco Belly Band

Galco Belly Band

This is a discussion on Galco Belly Band within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wondering if anyone has experience with this. Looking for a carry method for my baby Glock(40 S&W, never can remember Model Number) with/without magazine extention. ...

Thread: Galco Belly Band

Galco Belly Band

Wondering if anyone has experience with this. Looking for a carry method for my baby Glock(40 S&W, never can remember Model Number) with/without magazine extention. I spend a fair amount of time in sweats or workout attire so it's had to depend on a belt. In reading some of the online reviews there are some comfort issues, but as Clint Smith says, it "isn't supposed to be comfortable, just comforting. " :) Apparently is has two holsters, one for a standard carry and one for cross draw. Appreciate in advance any ideas or thoughts on this.

Senior Moderator
    I have one.. it's pretty comfortable but does feel like you have a big elastic band around your waist... especially while you're waiting for it to stretch out a little bit. and, yes, it has two pockets. You can put either two guns in them or leave it empty.

They don't cost too much. If it works for you, go for it. The only types of carry that I like are IWB and OWB. Sometimes I have to get out of my comfort zone. I strive to be better at alternitive means of carry. Since I don't like them I will never be that good at them. If you like belly bands you will most likely become good at carrying with a belly band.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Back when my concealment had to be much deeper than today I used the Belly Band to carry. IMHO they work real good for small autos, not as well for a SS Jframe snub nose. Best place for me was crossdraw up under the left arm. You must wear a T Shirt. It will also make you look a little thinner as well. lol!!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Have you considered a Smart Carry? It's pretty comfortable with a 3" M1911 and 2 extra mags, and works great under gym shorts and a t-shirt as well any other clothing. The creator carries a full-sized M1911 in his.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them"
    - George Mason, American Statesman (1725-92)

I have no experience carrying in a band, but with the size and weight of your Glock (assuming its a G27) i'm curious to see how it works out. I carry a G23 IWB every day and the belt and holster do a great job of holding it all in place.
    Wondering if the band will stay in place with such a sizeable weapon on board. Might be more appropriate for the smaller weapons, but who knows.

A SmartCarry could be another option for you to consider. I carry a 4" XD45 compact in mine.

Sponsored Links