Always remember to grab a cart.

This is a discussion on Always remember to grab a cart. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The other night I needed to run out to Bed, Bath & Beyond to get some coffee (Keurig K-cups) since I ran out that morning ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Always remember to grab a cart.

Distinguished Member

Always remember to grab a cart.

The other night I needed to run out to Bed, Bath & Beyond to get some coffee (Keurig K-cups) since I ran out that morning and I had company coming over the next day. It was fairly warm out so all I had on was jeans and a t-shirt for concealment.

I get to BB&B go to the coffee section, grab my usual brew and start looking at some of the other selections. Well of course I need to try new things (I'm a terrible impulse shopper) so now I'm holding 4 boxes of coffee and decide to see what they have for sofa covers since the dogs ripped the last sheet I had on the sofa.

Ohh, look they have a cover just for pets, perfect but they are on the bottom shelf. So I put down my coffee and get on my knees to check out the selections. Unfortunately after digging around they didn't have any that would fit my sofa. I get up, look around (there is no one in sight) check shirt, grab my coffee and then see some throw pillows I like to replace the current ones that are old and showing their age.

Now here I am 4 boxes of coffee under one arm and two throw pillows under the other and I decide it's time to go before I spend any more money. All this time I haven't seen a soul in the section I was in and even with my crawling around on the floor I don't believe anything was ever revealed.

As I'm walking out of that section to go around the store to the check outs someone starts calling out... "Excuse me, excuse me sir!" I'm thinking to myself, oh no, did my shirt ride up when I picked up everything, my hands are full right now and I can't check it. I turn around and look at the employee coming straight at me "yes?" I ask. "Can I get you a cart?" she responds. Sigh of relief. "No, thanks, I'm headed to the check out right now, but thanks for the offer."

So remember kids, always grab a cart! It might help prevent an embarrassing moment.

2. Remove Ads

I was waiting for the part where you spilled the coffee all over the bedding
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

I hope the THROW PILLOWS were tactical!
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paul45 View Post
    I hope the THROW PILLOWS were tactical!
    Kevlar lined, ripstop nylon in a digital desert camo pattern.

I'm thinking nobody around really quiet,Store may be getting robbed by some stealthy guy walked up pointed a gun at the clerk and said give me all the money or else
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I'm thinking nobody around really quiet,Store may be getting robbed by some stealthy guy walked up pointed a gun at the clerk and said give me all the money or else
    There were a lot of people in the store, but there are these little alcoves/sections off the main aisle that take out out of their view. No one else was looking at couch covers or pillows so I was alone in the section.

Another good reason for a cart: Keeping your hands free!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    That's what I expected when I read the subject.
    Plus you can use it as a barrier between yourself and an attacker.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Yes of course. But you haven't seen me wield a deadly throw pillow.

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    That's what I expected when I read the subject.
    Plus you can use it as a barrier between yourself and an attacker.
    You can also use it for extra concealment in case you print badly when bending over to check something out on the bottom shelf.

Administrator
    I think this is the first thread in DC that anyone admitted to be shopping for throw pillows. I will typically take a cart in any store that offers them for a few different reasons too.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I like carts for a couple of reasons, even if just window shopping.

The first has been touched on here, as it keeps your hands free. The second is, it can be used to provide a barrier against another person. This often comes into play in the parking lot when one is loading their vehicle and panhandlers.

Biker

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    man...now we have tactical reasons to use a shopping cart...from a thread that was admittedly about someone who was just overly concerned about exposing his firearm...

how does everyone feel about store baskets?...paper or plastic bags?...free umbrella covers?...the sanitary wipes provided at some store entrances for shopping cart handles?...:rofl

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I like carts for a couple of reasons, even if just window shopping.

The first has been touched on here, as it keeps your hands free. The second is, it can be used to provide a barrier against another person. This often comes into play in the parking lot when one is loading their vehicle and panhandlers.
    Agreed.

I hadn't read but the first sentence and immediately this is what came to my own mind and I figured would be the lesson to be related within the post.
    Carts are FTW.
    Big, heavy, easy to operate and maneuver metal blockades & bludgeons.

- Janq

"...Everything is a weapon." - Momma Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I think this is the first thread in DC that anyone admitted to be shopping for throw pillows. I will typically take a cart in any store that offers them for a few different reasons too.

Well, I didn't specifically go to the store for them, there was a whole wall of them next to the sofa covers and I figured I could use some new ones.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

VIP Member
    My son once disrupted the intentions of a burglar one night by throwing a throw pillow at him.

I had a panhandler who was pushing a few carts around in the parking lot so he "looked" sort of like a legitimate employee gathering up loose carts. He was using this ruse to get in close, approach and catch people off-guard.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links