Toys R Us has posted

This is a discussion on Toys R Us has posted within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am not one to jump on the boycott all stores bandwagon when one store decides to post. But it seems that Toys R Us ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toys R Us has posted

Toys R Us has posted

I am not one to jump on the boycott all stores bandwagon when one store decides to post. But it seems that Toys R Us has made a corporate decision to post it's stores no firearms. They don't sell anything so special that I can't get it elsewhere. The girls will be annoyed but my wife and I are serious about not spending our money in stores that do not respect the RTKBA's. I know some of you live in states where signage does not matter. I don't. Signs carry weight in NC. So unless this corporate policy gets changed, I'm not stepping foot in one. Here is the email I just sent off, and the contact email for corporate. If you can, drive by your local Toys R Us and see if they have posted. IIRC, this is the only store in Hickory, NC that is posted against firearms. Except for the ones prohibited by law.

Dear Sir or Madame,

As a Toys R Us shopper and law abiding firearms carrier, I was very disappointed to see that your Hickory, NC store was posted against lawfully carrying a firearm. NC lawfully allows both open and concealed carry of handguns and your store is currently posted "No firearms." I mention lawful carry of firearms because no sign stuck to an entrance door has ever stopped a criminal from carrying a firearm. Not at banks, schools, shopping mall, or toy stores. That's why I have chosen to lawfully carry a handgun myself. To protect myself and my family from criminals that do not obey the law, or signs. I'm sure that you feel you are doing your customers a service by "protecting them" in the store. So my question to you is this. Who will protect them if something happens in the store? Who will protect them walking to and from the store? I would assume that most incidents of crime against customers occur in the parking lots. Are you prepared to secure the parking areas of your stores to protect your customers? I'm sure you are neither prepared or willing to actively patrol your parking lots to protect your customers. And that is why my wife and I have taken this step to provide protection for our family.

I am also a law abiding citizen of NC. I have to be, so that I can carry a concealed handgun. Since I lawfully carry a concealed handgun, and also obey the laws of NC, I am writing to tell you that I will no longer shop at Toys R Us. I do not shop with stores that do not respect my right to bear arms and my right to protect my family. I have 2 young daughters that I used to shop for in your stores. However, all of the toys that we have purchased for them at Toys R Us can easily be purchased elsewhere. And unless your store changes it's stance on the lawful carry of firearms, we will be shopping elsewhere.

Sincerely,

contactus@toysrus.com
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

2. Remove Ads

Nice email to them. Good for you.

Good email to them. I don't shop their store anyhow.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Thats sad, we're in Toys R Us all the time. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to buy our toys at Walmart now.
    Last edited by varob; September 20th, 2010 at 05:05 PM.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Thats sad, we're in that store all the time. Oh well, I guess we'll just have to buy our toys at Walmart now.
    Yeah, but drop them a note to let them know. They may blow off the first bunch to email. But given enough emails, they may change their mind. I want them to know that this is not a positive business decision. We turned Harris Teeter grocery stores around in NC not long ago.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...=mostpop_story

I sent an email reminding them of this story with an emphasis on their failure to either protect their customers or let them protect themselves.

Even tho I don't shop there (because there is not one in my area), I went ahead and sent them an email anyhow. One more email always helps.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I was recently in a Toy's R Us store in Delaware and it was not posted. I went about my business gun and all.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

EdC
    Quote from the article:

"Palm Desert Councilman Jim Ferguson said police told him two men with handguns shot and killed each other.

'I think the obvious question everyone has is who takes loaded weapons into a Toys "R" Us?" he said. "I doubt it was the casual holiday shopper.'"

I let it speak for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by HiPower9 View Post
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...=mostpop_story

I sent an email reminding them of this story with an emphasis on their failure to either protect their customers or let them protect themselves.
    I hadn't heard about this one, but seems to me this was possibly gang related as neither of the women who began the fight in the first place had any purchases. Both of these men were in the wrong from my interpretation. Hopefully it was gang related and did not involve a permit holder. That would be bad for permit holders. I don't think there was a permit holder involved because a law abiding permit holder would have tried to avoid the situation, especially in a crowded store with children all around. This was stupid and senseless, but doesn't justify the stores new policy.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I saw a sign posted here in an Omaha Toys r' Us.

Very well said OP. It's rough watching yet another one of our stores fall for the sign is going to protect everyone thing. You may have given them something to think about.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

VIP Member
    That settles it. I'm not buying any guns from them. They never seem to have any ammo anyway.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

AzB
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    I was recently in a Toy's R Us store in Delaware and it was not posted. I went about my business gun and all.
    This is a very recent policy change. Like last week. I know the sign just went up Friday here.

I've sent my emails. Fat lot of good it will do, but it doesn't take much to shoot out an email.

If it makes you feel any better, TRU has been steadily losing market share to WallyWorld for several years.
    Az

-- Luck favors the well prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    This is a very recent policy change. Like last week. I know the sign just went up Friday here.

I've sent my emails. Fat lot of good it will do, but it doesn't take much to shoot out an email.

If it makes you feel any better, TRU has been steadily losing market share to WallyWorld for several years.
    Good. TRU is overpriced anyway. I have no sympathies towards B&M stores who institute these kinds of policies and claim it's for our own good. Why not ban toy guns and violent videogames as well?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links