good day at the gun store

This is a discussion on good day at the gun store within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I went to my local gun store today to get some prices on LCR's, 435 a piece, lower than the like 575 Ruger wants for ...

Thread: good day at the gun store

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar

I went to my local gun store today to get some prices on LCR's, 435 a piece, lower than the like 575 Ruger wants for them on their site. This guy is in there talking to one of the salesmen so I walk over because I know the guy behind the counter not only knows ballistics, and weight ratios and things of that nature, he knows the history of most of the firearms types he sells. I always find him very fun and informative to listen to whenever I am in there. He left and the gentleman that was asking the salesman questions and I struck up a conversation. I found out he was new to CC and ended up on a long winded conversation about it with him, I told him alot of the things I had learned, helped give him an idea of the mentality needed behind carrying a weapon, and taught him the everyman's basics of cc, ie, dont wave it around, follow gun safety rules, and I referred him to the gentleman who trained me. Later on I found out that the guy I was talking to was 25, just out of collage, and was interested in law enforcement. I feel kind of good knowing that at my age, I was able to provide an informed perspective not only on different types of pistols, but holsters, and concealment tips to someone my senior agewise. Just goes to show, its not the age, its the amount of time doing something that counts, just imagine how much I'll know when I am the age of some of our more distinguished members, at least 3/4 of what they know, considering most of you have forgotten more than I have learned so far, thats a good thing btw
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    Later on I found out that the guy I was talking to was 25, just out of collage, and was interested in law enforcement. I feel kind of good knowing that at my age, I was able to provide an informed perspective not only on different types of pistols, but holsters, and concealment tips to someone my senior agewise. Just goes to show, its not the age, its the amount of time doing something that counts...
    True. Additionally, his college education will go a long way to making him and his future family more safe and secure. He'll have better job prospects, will live in a more upscale, hence "safer" neighborhood, and his kids will likley go to better, safer schools.

I get flack for stating this here, but statistically, more education tranlates into significantly higher lifetime earnings, a lower incidence of violence, and a lifestyle that encourages longevity. Personal and family safety has almost nothing to do with guns (to paraphrase one of the sages here).

It's good you were able to provide him some advice about concealed carry.

Great job. I love guns and am constantly trying to educate all who will listen. Carry on.
    In a gun fight, you can not miss fast enough, to catch up.

Agreed. Way to go.

Best I've seen on LCRs was $400 at a little gun ship in MI this past weekend. At one time I would have jumped at that, but I realized that a pocket revolver is not for me.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Just a heads up on the LCR price, I've seen them go for $360-$390 at gun shows around here, and some online auctions. (Which might not be worth it depending on shipping and FFL fees.)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNinjaGo View Post
    Just a heads up on the LCR price, I've seen them go for $360-$390 at gun shows around here, and some online auctions. (Which might not be worth it depending on shipping and FFL fees.)
    Wow, that's a hell of a price. I picked mine up for $420, and I was happy with that. It's amazing how light that gun is, even compared to my "small, plastic" Glock 19.

Links